Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

squeaky green

Karlin Buck
@karlin-buck
12 years ago
28 posts

Yes, I agree. I've heard, read, and researched terrible things about SLS. I've just recently turned my house natural. I make our cleaners, detergents etc. Also - side note - 2 weeks now of not smoking cigarettes!

updated by @karlin-buck: 07/23/15 06:58:03PM
Anna3
@anna3
12 years ago
70 posts

Meh, I haven't been sick yet. Everything causes cancer nowadays. I just live my life without worrying about that stuff anymore. But Some people do I understand.

Dr. Bronners is another good soap to use. No sls. The other day I filled up my bathtub and put in like an ounce or 2 of soap and just kinda soaked in it. Dreads and body and all and just kinda used my fingers to massage it on everything. Then I just rinsed off with coldish water. I felt super clean afterwards and didn't have to worry about scrubbing my hair. Plus the rest of my body was clean too! I think that's how I'm going to do it from now on.

soaring eagle said:

sls is harmfull the cancer society has recomended it be removed from everythin g its a cancer causer it also causes dandruff psoriasis dermatitis hair loss and if thats not enough..cancer but ofcourse u need to have enogh exposure to get cancer ..likeas in its in every shampoo toothpaste soap dish soap laundry detergent yea u have to bathe in it brush your teeth in it etc...oh..wait..you do

sls should be avoided ..its nearly impossible to avoid it entirely but u sure shouldnt acceopt it in absolutely everything u use

Karlin Buck
@karlin-buck
12 years ago
28 posts

That sounds like a fabulous idea to just soak and be clean. Unfortunately, I have hard water making Castile soap a bad idea. Does your hair just look greasy if hard water is used w Dr Bronners? Or is it deeper than that?

Doogie
@doogie
12 years ago
321 posts

If you have hard water then you shouldn't use Bronners or BS. It doesn't just give you a greasy feel and look, you'll also end up with a very bad case of flakes and dandruff. When I was using them, my shoulders looked like ski slopes! :-( That's what I love about www.dreadlockshampoo.com cause I no longer have flakes and dandruff! :-)

Karlin Buck
@karlin-buck
12 years ago
28 posts

Thanks. As soon as the holidays are over, I'll have a bottle and a bar of that on the way!

Doogie
@doogie
12 years ago
321 posts

Once ya smell them and wash with them, you really won't want to wash with anything else! I am done trying new shampoos and bars cause with the last I tried didn't make me feel clean at all having hard water.

Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
They really are amazing. I have to do an acv rinse afterwards, but that's ok with me lol
Doogie
@doogie
12 years ago
321 posts

Yeah, I just did an ACV rinse after I just washed. First time I've done that in a long time!

Mons said:

They really are amazing. I have to do an acv rinse afterwards, but that's ok with me lol
Reppyboyo
@reppyboyo
11 years ago
26 posts

For what it is worth, many dreadheads this side of the pond use and reccomendsqueakygreen and seasomething (seamix? its blue)
Not used it myself yet.

The stuff from dreadlockshampoo.com is great though, bit expensive for me to import though.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form