Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

American crew tea tree shampoo

angella
@angella
12 years ago
13 posts

is american crew tea tree shampoo good for dreadlocks i tried googling and nothing but Ibought sum and just wanna b sure before i use it

thanx angella

updated by @angella: 02/14/15 11:24:08AM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Not even close.

American Crew Tea Tree Shampoo Ingredients:Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Lauramidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Salvia Hispanica Seed Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Symphytum Officinale, Chondrus Crispis (Carraneenan) Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Echinacea Angustifolia Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Gluten, Myristamine Oxide, Polyquarternium-7, Polyquarternium-10, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Methyl Gluceth-20, Isoceteth-20, Panthenol, Allantoin, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Fragrance (Parfum), Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Phenoxyethanol, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Green 5 (CI 61570).

1) Sodium Laurel Sulfate is toxic to your health

2) Methylisothiazolinone Is extremely toxic and has been directly linked to a couple of different types of cancers. The FDA has said that pregnant women should not come in contact with it because it will cause birth defects. The workers who produce it are required by the FDA to wear protective gloves and masks when handling it. Why would you apply it directly to your skin?

3) EDTA is Toxic to your health, and allows other chemicals to penetrate your skin easier

4) Methylchloroisothizolinone is toxic

5) Phenoxyethanol is a known central nervous system depressant. It's known to cause vomiting, and dehydration

6) What the past 5 weren't enough?

7) Polyquarternium-7 and 10 are known to cause cancer

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

In essence:

http://www.sixwise.com/newsletters/05/05/03/the-most-toxic-soaps-an...

American crew shampoo is the #4 most toxic shampoo on the market. It scores a 9.0 out of 10.

It should not be used on any type of hair. It's a wonder why it hasn't been officially banned from production yet

angella
@angella
12 years ago
13 posts

someone help me on this please

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Well, like I said, That shampoo is horrendous. Check out the soaps from dreadlockshampoo.com. They are specifically designed for locks. And they will work perfectly in the hard water you've got in Utah.

Dr. Bronners is good, but will leave a residue in hard water. The BS/ACV will also not dissolve in your water. You could get a soft water filter and be OK, or you could boil your water and use the poured off pure water to mix the BS in. Or you could go one step further and distill your own water. It's not that hard to do.

But the dreadlockshampoo soaps are going to be your best bet. They aren't that expensive and you wont need to buy anything for your shower or do anything with your water prior to washing. They also well liquid and bar soaps

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i wouldnt even wabt that in my house let alone on my scalp

i wouldnt want it going down the drain and into the environment either

id recomend having a company that specializes in disposing of biohazards and toxic waste to deal with it rather then throw it away..ok im exagerating slightly for effect just to stress the point that it is not something u evrr want to use ..

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Blair
@blair
12 years ago
11 posts

I heard that stuff is terrible for any type of hair.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

lol Eagle. But the toxic waste removal is more expensive than it's worth. I've tried recycling batteries. The container you need to rent is like 200 some bucks a month. And new batteries are actually not toxic to just throw away anymore

angella
@angella
12 years ago
13 posts

thanks guys so much for the help i went to the dreadlocks shampoo site and ordered me a satsuma shampoo bar i willtoss this other stuff out gladi askedbefore using it. again thank u so much :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

satsumas nice they have a teatree rosemary 1 too

and the goddess bar should be up any time now

the godess bar was made for lady locks but my best friends husband confiscated the 1 i sent her cause it smelled so nice..and he doesnt evn have dreads yet..

i actualy have 1 she sent me i havent used or even opened it yet but i keep it next to my bed just for the scent

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form