Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

As if loctician salons weren't expensive enough, WAX does more damage than you think!!!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

her skin started clearing up immediately after the 1st wax removal so she was able to cancle a surgery that was already scheduled

her hairs..better..i wouldnt think its completely ok yet but its made alot of improvement

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/22/15 02:09:13PM
Sarah Smile
@sarah-smile
11 years ago
43 posts

wow! I never realized using wax could be so detrimental to your health. thanks for sharing your experience and knowledge!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

it sure can

but the real dangers not happened yet to my knowledge

wax makes dreads way more flamable th e read dangers some stoner waxy haired kid lighting his dreads on fire and literaly frying his brain

--
Kelly3
@kelly3
11 years ago
333 posts

That's absolutelyterrible. What brand of wax did she use? Although, I'm not sure the brand would really matter, but would be good to know, nonetheless.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

i cant remember by=ut i think both knottyboy and dreadheadhq were used

u should read her other discussion on all the crazy things the locticians did to her including cutting off loops

--
Geeks
@geeks
11 years ago
13 posts

Oh my gosh! I am so sorry to read this, but this explains a lot for me as well. My situation does not hold a candle to yours, but yours is so illuminating for mine! When I was pregnant with my now 2 y.o. I was using wax and my skin was horrible. It was way worse that it ever was with prior pregnancies or even my skin as a teen. Nothing at all could be done because I was pregnant. The dr just assumed it was due to hormones. After I had my daughter it didn't get any better and I even resorted to costly products, etc...

Now it all makes sense! I was doing freaking wax maintenance every couple of months at the time! My skin eventually cleared up and now that I read your story I can directly connect it to when I was using wax. That is INSANE!

Thank you so much for posting your story and I hope that many people read it and share it. <3

Sammie Haider
@sammie-haider
11 years ago
2 posts

I was in a salon the other day and a hairstylist asked me when the last time I had my dreads "redone". I was confused for a minute and remembered people actually pay to have their hair done. I am glad you did your research and are now removing the wax. As far as the medical problems go, I hope you heal well!

jesse demato
@jesse-demato
11 years ago
23 posts
this link should be spammed all over dhhq and knottyboy .... seriously...
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

i agree completely

do it

--

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus