Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks Forums

As if loctician salons weren't expensive enough, WAX does more damage than you think!!!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
28,054 posts

her skin started clearing up immediately after the 1st wax removal so she was able to cancle a surgery that was already scheduled

her hairs..better..i wouldnt think its completely ok yet but its made alot of improvement

--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/22/15 02:09:13PM
Sarah Smile
@sarah-smile
4 years ago
43 posts

wow! I never realized using wax could be so detrimental to your health. thanks for sharing your experience and knowledge!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 years ago
28,054 posts

it sure can

but the real dangers not happened yet to my knowledge

wax makes dreads way more flamable th e read dangers some stoner waxy haired kid lighting his dreads on fire and literaly frying his brain

--
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Kelly3
@kelly3
4 years ago
337 posts

That's absolutelyterrible. What brand of wax did she use? Although, I'm not sure the brand would really matter, but would be good to know, nonetheless.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 years ago
28,054 posts

i cant remember by=ut i think both knottyboy and dreadheadhq were used

u should read her other discussion on all the crazy things the locticians did to her including cutting off loops

--
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Geeks
@geeks
4 years ago
13 posts

Oh my gosh! I am so sorry to read this, but this explains a lot for me as well. My situation does not hold a candle to yours, but yours is so illuminating for mine! When I was pregnant with my now 2 y.o. I was using wax and my skin was horrible. It was way worse that it ever was with prior pregnancies or even my skin as a teen. Nothing at all could be done because I was pregnant. The dr just assumed it was due to hormones. After I had my daughter it didn't get any better and I even resorted to costly products, etc...

Now it all makes sense! I was doing freaking wax maintenance every couple of months at the time! My skin eventually cleared up and now that I read your story I can directly connect it to when I was using wax. That is INSANE!

Thank you so much for posting your story and I hope that many people read it and share it. <3

Sammie Haider
@sammie-haider
4 years ago
2 posts

I was in a salon the other day and a hairstylist asked me when the last time I had my dreads "redone". I was confused for a minute and remembered people actually pay to have their hair done. I am glad you did your research and are now removing the wax. As far as the medical problems go, I hope you heal well!

jesse demato
@jesse-demato
4 years ago
24 posts
this link should be spammed all over dhhq and knottyboy .... seriously...
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 years ago
28,054 posts

i agree completely

do it

--
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:

/ 2