Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Really need help now BS not good :(

Harriet
@harriet
12 years ago
57 posts

3 weeks into dreads and I've been washing my hair twice a week with BS and ACV. It was great at first but then about 3 washes in my roots started to feel really weird and when i itched my scalp i had like white stuff under my nail.

Ive read a few more discussions with people with the same problem so i tried diluting my mixture even more but still had white stuff under my nail when i checked. I live in an area which has really hard water so I'm guessing thats the problem and the BS just isn't working properly or its not rinsing out :(

I was going to try the dreadlocks shampoo that is recommended loads on here but unfortunately I'm allergic to some of the ingredients so thats a no go and also i was going to buy somedr. bronzers but apparently that doesn't work to good with hard water ither :(

There also really really dry, some are even prickly to touch and I've used jojoba oil on them but it just leaves them feeling really oily :(I live in the UK and just cannot find a shampoo safe for dreadlocks anywhere and I'm in desperate need of something good that will work asap

updated by @harriet: 02/14/15 07:51:32AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

bs turns to gass in water its not that u need to dilute it more u need to make it stronger the white stuff is exfoliasted dead dry skin thats not being fully removed

try making it stronger not weaker

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

I get that too, I'm pretty sure it's dead skin/dandruff or whatever that hasn't washed off properly. I don't think it's the baking soda. Try doing one of those deep cleanses and see if that gets it all out?

Harriet
@harriet
12 years ago
57 posts

okay will do but is there any way i could make it dissolve more? ill mix for ages but there will still be white powder on the bottom of the bucket thats just not dissolving :(

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

hmm then you have alkaline water too im guessing try heating the water?/

a drop of lemon juice will do the trick too but not the best option

--
Harriet
@harriet
12 years ago
57 posts

okay i normally wash with warmish water but ill try mixing it in some hotter water see if that does the trick :D Thank you!!

Do you know anything that might help with the dryness? I've been mixing jojoba oil with my ACV rinse but its just feels really oily then the next day its just mega dry again :( i dont know wether this is normal or not but if its not do you know of anything else that will help?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

aloe/

--
Harriet
@harriet
12 years ago
57 posts

Aloe gel or juice?

i can only find 99.8% aloe gel in my town so ill have to buy of the internet. Do i just mix it in with the wash or do i put it on my hair separate (sorry if this is a daft question i dont want to do anything wrong so I'm just double checking)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

juice or gell but u want food grade no other ingredients wso probly best to get a plant

u can do either

i add to acv

--
Harriet
@harriet
12 years ago
57 posts

Okay looks I'm ganna have to get me a new plant :)

Thanks so much for you help!

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form