i hope u did wax removal and got it all out

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/23/15 09:32:12AM
Lukey Luke
@lukey-luke
12 years ago
26 posts

I started my dreads with wax about 3 years ago, after finding out how bad the wax made them (and stumbling on this site) I tried getting the wax out. It kinda worked...instead of chopping them off and starting over, I decided to let them grow out more and chop off the waxy part when the time came. Now the bottom half of my dreads are hard and stiff, while the root half is nice and fluffy. I kinda want to chop the waxy part off, but they just got to the length where I can tie them back, so I may wait a little while longer before I hack them in half.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

try tne new wax remover instead of chopping them off

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

About 8 years ago I tried dreadlocking my hair. I was actually in beauty school at the time and, to play devil's advocate here, stylists really are NOT trained in school on how to handle dreads (they just go with information that they are told and usually it's either backcomb w/wax or dread perms.)

Anyhoo, I had a fellow student help me backcomb and twist my dreads with wax. Oh man, I felt gross afterwards because the wax kept sticking to my neck and face and made me breakout into hives! I tried to neglect them after that but my hair likes to do whatever it is I don't want it to do and so, after about 2 weeks they actually slipped out (I'm not sure if she back combed them too loosely or if it was the oils in my hair working against my locks.)

Either way, it was an experience.

I have also tried the backcomb and twist with Jamaican Mango & Lime Locking Gel. This stuff felt much better because when it dries it doesn't leave a residue. I don't have many pics but, my profile pic is from that set of dreads. I was pretty fickle with my hair and ended up cutting it all off (pixie short) about 3 years ago so that I could grow out my natural coloring.

A week ago I came across this site and was inspired by the tnr method. Now I have 1 wk old baby dreads and I like them much better than my past attempts. So far I have washed them 2ce and the only product I've used is my aloe gel yesterday.

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form