Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

wax vs. no wax

Australe
@australe
12 years ago
60 posts

See I backcombed his so well that they weren't fluffy at the beginning at all... there's really no way to tell when his actually started locking up besides the fact that at some point he got some crazy loops and whatnot
He hasn't removed the wax from his dreads... and like I said, he knows about it... but its his hair his choice.

soaring eagle said:

track how much faster yours dread wax free too

has he removed wax yet from his?

Australe said:

updated by @australe: 07/22/15 01:41:12PM
makayla
@makayla
12 years ago
1 posts

When I was fourteen i started my dreads bought dread wax and all that good stuff that "helps" your dreads. Got rid of them a month later because the wax made them gunky and nasty.

I am now 16 and recently restarted my dread adventure without wax or any kind of dread products and they're locking up pretty good.(:

So definitely do NOT use wax!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

14 -15 year olds are the target victims of the wax unfortunately not the only victims that fall for it but yiu can tell by how jonny clean acts that hes targetting that age range

it amazes me how many still fall for it despite how many dreads (or candles) only last a month

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Evelyn Maes
@evelyn-maes
12 years ago
30 posts

My story is similar to some others here. Also had my dreads made with back comb and crochet. The woman in the salon did some wax in it and told me I had to do that to. But I had a weird feeling about the wax and didn't buy it. I thought, I'll wait a few weeks and then decide what to do. First night was like hell! Wax all over my pillow, my face, everywhere. The day after, same problem, every time I wanted to put them up my hands were full of wax. She also told me that I had to wait for 3 weeks to wash them but I was sick of it. So after 1 day I rinsed them for about 10 minutes with acv, the next day repeated it and the wax seemed all gone. I have them about a year now, didn't do much to them during that year except washing and separating.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i wouldnt count onthe wax being gone id still recomend doing wax removal

--
Evelyn Maes
@evelyn-maes
12 years ago
30 posts

I don't think that will make a big difference after a whole year. And if there is any wax left over time it will be gone because I won't let them grow for to long. Halfway my back is a fine length for me, so then I cut the wax pieces of. They also became a bit loose after the 2 rinses I did so I would have felt or seen it if there was any left.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

actualy we had 1 girl join find a thread called my dreads are waning cause of waxing

she waxed just the 1st couple weeks and tgen no more for 5 years

the waxed parts even after 5 years never dreaded

well then she removed the wax and in 1 week made more progress then the whole 5 years

--
Lazdaa
@lazdaa
12 years ago
81 posts
Well im 16 now and i've had my dreads since dec 2010 ( i was 15 back then) Where i got em made in a saloon, with wax and all that shit.. But the lady who made them since i should't wash for 2 weeks and then they would be fine.. Altho some months after i found this site, and stopped waxing, i haven't cut em. Currently (after nearly 14 months) i still got loads of loose hair, but i got the dreads if u can say that..
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

your not the only 1 that had dread wax cause hair loss baba said it was like his hair melted and dissolved it fell out in handfulls

im amazed the wax pushers never get sued

--
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Yep. I was never as scared in my life. And I've cracked my chin open falling off a 6 foot terraced wall in a kids backyard when I was younger, chopped of bits of my thumb at work, and burned my hands to oblivion (also at work).

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form