dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreadheadhq called rippoff and scam

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

found on ripoffreport.com here

http://www.ripoffreport.com/on-line-business/dreadheadhq/dreadheadhq-scammed-columbia-s-2pn83.htm

the following ripoff report was filed against dreadheadhq

he products sold by this company contain harsh chemicals(Sodium Laureth Sulfate) which damaged my scalp resulting in a skin condition called seborrheic dermatitis. After learning that this ingredient was the cause of my condition, I obtained an RMA # to return the products. I returned the products, but have not received a refund or a response from DreadHeadHQ in spite of multiple e-mails and phone calls I have made to try and get my money refunded. My MAin complaint against them is that they ignore their customers and do not respond at all when you try to contact them.

Jeremy
oklahoma City, Oklahoma
U.S.A.

dreadheadhq continues to claim to have 100% satisfied customers and claims to have never received a single complaint despite the thousands who have been known to complain.

dreadheadhq to this day continues to have an f rating with the bbb as the better business beuro was unable to get dreadheadhq to respond to complaints against them.

dreadheadhq has responded to numbgerouse complaints about dread wax ruining dreads by providing a wax remover free of charge to those who used dreadheadhq wax but it is unknown how harmful this wax remover may be.

it wasnt untill members of dreadlockssite.com forced the issue by challenging jonny clean the spokesperson for dreadheadhq to a public debate that any admission of harm was admitted.

but in typical dreadheadhq fashion jonny clean used the complaints and debates as a marketing tol to sell more lies and roll out even more usekless or harmful tools and products.

what is not stated in this complaint is that sls is also recomended by the american cancswer society to be removed from all cosmetics because of a carcinogenu=ic contaminant that is pressent in sls as a result of the process by which its derived. jonny clean on his site claims to know more about cancer then the cancer socierty and the ama and goes against their recomendations claiming there is no evidence to warrent changing the formula.

there have ven been studies that show sls linked to hair loss and premature balding.

dreadheadhq sells dozens of products that are harmful to dreads, whats more insulting is how each product makes another product nesacary.

for exanmmple the wax makes hair stick together to look like dreads but prevents dreading it also makes dreads feel sticky and gross so they made a butta to make waxy dreads feel less waxy and numerouse tools to make waxy dreads that arent dreading seem more dreaded. the soap which is all harsh chemuicals might remove some wax but not all but fries the scalp causing severe dandruff requiring a spray to treat the itches and so on

they literaly have about 20 products and 30 tools each 1 makes another 1 nesacary.

the truth is you dont need any products or tools or dvds with 20 step processes to dread

but this site makes drwading seem complicated so they can sell products and kits to make it seem easier.

the end result is thousands of disatisfied ..victims (most former dreadheadshq customers don't call themselves customers, but rather victims of a scam)

there are numerouse sites spreading awareness of the harm these products do, but there are literaly thousands of questionable reviews and how to dread tutorials that are paid affiliate sites fior dreadheadhq so its hard to find factual information except on forums and social sites like dreadlockssite and a few others.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/14/15 03:49:44AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

u realize sls is in most shampoos right so u probly did use it without knowing it

and diagnosed by a dermatologist odviosly

S said:

...that was filed in summer 2009... over two and a half years ago...

also, I'm a little curious as to how Sodium Laureth Sulfate gave this fellow seborrheic dermatitis. How was this diagnosed, and by whom? I got seborrheic dermatitis without using any sodium laureth sulfate products...

All in all, I understand how you would jump onto something like this since you seem to have devoted your life to hating Mr. Clean and his site, but I don't think this proves much.

--
JoseffLW
@josefflw
12 years ago
7 posts

Probably the most overreacting, humorous and self-facepalming forum post I've ever seen.

Aside from the debate of wax, to criticize somebody for incorrect spelling, regardless of whether intentional or not, is pityful. I genuinely feel sorry that, to infuse a false and temporary sense of confidence within yourself, you must attack a trait of another that does not comply with your precious professionalism.

*facepalm*

S said:

o B viously? How is this obvious? YOU do understand this is the internet, right? How was it obvious - or even implied - that this person was diagnosed by a dermatologist? Anyone can say whatever they want on the internet, and disguise it as whatever they want. INTERNET. Where every person of the utmost intelligence - and their most downright opposite - have a say...

I work for a very respectable consumer electronics company. We make products that work. Yet some people buy our products and sometimes a) are too stupid to get it to work or b) actually DO have a streak of bad luck and have functional issues. Does this mean we make bad products? Should all our user base listen to the minority that have issues?

If I crash my Toyota cause I was too effin stupid to drive slowly when it was snowing outside, is it really Toyota's fault? There's millions of similar examples out there in the world. We have brains. We try to use them. If we get too stupid and don't use them properly (in your case - using enough wax to make dreads sticky) then it's our own damn fault!

You're trying to make a case out of nothing here. And I'm sorry. I don't encourage the use of wax - at all. I just thing you're taking things to a level much too extreme, and you're jumping at stuff that happened over 2 years ago to try an prove your point. Using 2+ year old stuff really looks desperate. Is there anything newer?

Please SE, refocus your site on INFORMATION, and not pursuing your personal slandering. Please also upgrade your browser to Google Chrome, which will happily highlight any spelling mistakes or typos and at least give you a little of your credibility back.

I'm pretty sure you are going to ban me now, as many people have already warned me. That may just prove me right.

soaring eagle said:

and diagnosed by a dermatologist odviosly

Mowriyah Ysrayl
@mowriyah-ysrayl
12 years ago
26 posts

WOW i was diagnosed back in 2005-2006 withseborrheic dermatitis. Didnt know SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate) could be the cause of it. I had it bad I had short hair and my whole scalp was white dandruff. I tried different dandruff shampoos and some stuff called scalpacin and it didnt work so finally i went to the dermotalogist and he told me I had a bad case ofseborrheic dermatitis. he tooks pix of my head to use in his seminar he was giving onseborrheic dermatitis. He said he never seen it so bad in African american. he said the cause of it was becuz of the water i was using to wash my hair the water was to hard at the time I was stationed in germany. He told me there was no cure it can only be treated. He prescribed me some shampoo and oil. I used the shampoo and oil up until 2009. as of 2010 my scalp is fine I have regular dandruff. started using only natural products on my scalp.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

s you sound like a troll like you came here specificly hoping to be banned to prove a point

your only posts are begging to be banned typical troll behavior

get a life

and dude dhhq has had asn f rating with the bbb.. for well over 2 years because they have not responded to complaints exactly loike this 1

so yea if the complaints go unresiolved for 2 years its esxtremely relevant dont u think?

your pathetic

--
Erin2
@erin2
12 years ago
29 posts

I think SE proves a very valid point here and created and maintains this site to help everyone have healthier dreads and feel empowered and liberated by their choices rather than be a slave to some corporation peddling a bunch of unnecessary methods and products. He responds to everyone's questions, seemingly repeating the same answers over and over for new people because he wants people to have the right tools and knowledge to create healthy dreadlocks.

If someone wants to attack him for that, I can only imagine they have an agenda of some sort or an allegience to their precious products. It's called "brand loyalty" I believe. And a person who goes out of their way to promote this loyalty would be known as a "shill". Or on the internet we just call them trolls.

I don't necessarily have a loyalty to anyone on the internet, and I have only been on thisforum for a few days, but what I can gather is that SE is very passionate about this endeavor and this is his site. Anyone who disagrees with him is obviously free to do so, but coming here and attacking him for his spelling errors is low and petty.

Castaway J
@castaway-j
12 years ago
585 posts

total troll. i couldnt even finish reading his idiotic rambling. quit comparing a real business to a scammy business

Erin2
@erin2
12 years ago
29 posts
Personally I feel that people who are selling products that are harmful to dreads and claiming that they are healthy and necessary should get negative reviews like this. Ok, he doesn't have an F rating - maybe he did at one point but the overall point is that this guy is a businessman only concerned with making money and not giving a shit about the well being of the dreads he's helping to ruin.I think people should be aware of that.So you're supposedly not a shill or a troll, but why come here and harass SE when you see he is not selling a product but rather helping people take control of their hair in a healthy way. He may ask for small donations to keep the site going, which is a valuable resource to many, but I don't see him with his own line of hair care products intending to become rich. That's the difference between him and Johnny Clean.I can't believe anyone would complain about this site, as it asks for very little in return for the help it offers. Even if SE did nothing to participate, it appears to be a strong community.If you have issues with the layout, why not message SE privately rather than attacking disrespectfully in a thread that has no relevance to the complaint? Or just realize there is a greater message behind the typos.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ya know what idf any of ya admins wanna get rid of him be my guest

a triolls a troll

joining just to stior up drama is being a troll

by the way

your attacking spelling while deffending a guy who misspelles not because of disability but on purpose just to seem cooler to his 15 year old target victims

the brah the letta the peppa zasta butta etca etca etca

like you said u made 1 post

you joined specficly with a purpose ..harrassment..disruption..

go back to your other si=tes cause i bet i know which other site you came here from

thats where you belong

and they had an f rating just a couple months ago..and had for several years

--
Circle Dancer
@circle-dancer
12 years ago
121 posts

I do think it's a scam. That said, so are most mainstream hair products. All full of crap and bad for your hair. So they are just doing a similar thing but catered to dreads. It's evil, sure. And people should be able to speak their mind about it, absolutely. But I still think they have the right to exist and sell whatever they want and if people are dumb enough to buy into it, more power to their evil scam.

We have to do our own research and protect ourselves. It only took about twenty minutes of reading before I figured out that crap like wax is bad for dreads. Then I watched that dude's video and as soon as I heard him recommend wax I knew he was no one to be trusted.

If people would just think for themselves, they'd have no one else to blame. You shouldn't rush into something like dreads without spending plenty of time thinking about it first, anyway.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form