Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Is this soap safe to use on my dreads?

Kitty
@kitty
12 years ago
7 posts

Just found a health store in my city that stock dr bronners, so I shall have a look :)

updated by @kitty: 07/26/15 04:59:01PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

cool

told ya u can find it just about anywhere

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
christina popejoy
@christina-popejoy
12 years ago
91 posts

okay so this is creeping me out! Just looked up the ingriedients for Lush Seanik Shampoo bar:

Quantitative Ingredients
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Irish Moss Gel, Perfume, Nori Seaweed, Fine Sea Salt, Lemon Oil, Mimosa Absolute, Orange Flower Absolute, Jasmine Absolute, Cocamide DEA, *Limonene, Colour 42090

*occurs naturally in essential oils

I think most of it is natural except the SLS and the Cocamide DEA. I found a page online that states prolunged use of such products shows links with cancer and Misscarages. This is horendous. Great thing is the article comments it bigs up Dr B's as being the only totally natural product found.

This is so scary to think that we cant really use hardly anything that is safe for us. I mean i guess most of this stuff is bearable in small doses. But its just disgusting that people even wanna make products with this rubbish in it.

Tyler3
@borntodie
12 years ago
25 posts

That couldn't be more true. I went to the natural food store quite a few times,and they have all these shampoos that claim to be natural and what not, but when you try to read the ingredients.... you can tell it really isn't natural. Maybe 1 or 2 ingredients.

soaring eagle said:

y cant u order online? what makes you call that a natural soap? do thoese ingredients sound natural? i see only 1 ingrediant thats at all natural

some products will say natural or organic if theres only 1 trace ammopunt of a natural or organic ingredient all the rest can be carcinogens toxins and even things that cause you to mutate into a monstor but cause theres 1 tiny drop of somethuing natural they call it natural and healthy

just cause the lanbel; says natural doesnt mean a thing the ingredients tell a diferent story

i doubt this will cause you to mutate and grow extra arms.. and it may or may not be dread safe )(

( heather or panterra woiuld know more about the ingredients)

im just pointing out that this dont sound very b=natural at all to me

christina popejoy
@christina-popejoy
12 years ago
91 posts

yea I do find that when I get the quantity right it does work really well. The only thing I do find is that it iritates my skin while im washing and just after. And the water here is very hard so it dosent dizzolve to well but boiling the water first helps alot.

Maybe I will alternate between BS wash and another sop one. Thanks for your advice though.

/ 2
Dislike 1

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form