Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreadlockshampoo.com liquid lockin up tightening shampoo review

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i was sent a bottle of the new lockin up liquid shampoo from the wonderful www.dreadlockshampoo.com that everyyones been raving about

the liquid lathered up really well the scent..im not sure what the scent was an anice otr licorice sorta scent..candylike

it rinsed fairly easy

ok so the real test was in hoow well it actualy helped it lock

so for test dreads i selected 2 or 3 baby dreads that were barely forming and really loose

these were 2 in the front hairline and 1 beard dread

they all 3 were just started to form since using the bars from the same site

1 baby is really tight on the end now i mean fully tight the body and rioots still looosu=ish but more dreaded then hours ago b4 my shower

the other on my hairlines noticibly tighter but not yet to the o=point of being firm

the beard dread as well is noticibly more dreaded..

i would definately say it should help stuburn hair dread up much faster

now as to the feel.. they feel clean and soft and healthy but not as amazing feeling as the bars

so for young dreads id definately recomend the liqiud but for mature dreads the bars are pure heaven

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/14/15 02:30:33AM
Jdwood
@jdwood
13 years ago
275 posts

Sweet! I ordered two bars...My hair does take it's sweet time to knot up but I'mfairly confident that the bars should do the trick...if not I will save them for later and order theliquidwhen it will beavailable. My hair when itknotsup it takes it's time but it knots right up to the roots so it's hard to know in advance if the bars are going to do the trick. Thanks for the review.

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

i was sent a sample of the liquid as well and i like it much better than the bars. the bars left my hair too soft and unknotted. the liquid is easier to rinse out and i don't have to use much to get my hair clean. i actually just add a tbs or so to a squeeze bottle of water and then squirt it directly on my scalp like i do when i use regular shampoo. i don't use this every time i wash because its a little bottle and i'm trying to make it last until i can order more. plus i have a shampoo that i really like that removes any build up and its helping to alleviate my dry, flaking scalp so i alternate.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i got such a headache i innished the sites tonight we just got to finnish adding the liquid shampoos in the morning and make the new site live

update there will be 4 scents

1 dragonsblood (what i used today i guess) 1 nag champa i forget the 3erd and an unscented 1 that hopefully angel can use with her planty extract sensatifu=ity

sorry its taken so long

but they will be ready tomorow i pron=mice

--
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

dragonsblood is so yummy! i'm going to order that one and a nag champa.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i know you'll love it

--
Angel Frye
@angel-frye
13 years ago
409 posts

SE, even if I can't use the soaps I do look forward to reading reviews about them. I know quite a bit about oils, butters, and extracts concerning skincare but dreads?!! Oy vey. I learn something new every day.

I love Nag Champa incense. I can only imagine what the soap would sniff like. Yummy, I imagine. ahhh... someday I'll find some nifty things I can use for my lovelies. In the meantime it's patience, patience, patience. And reading!!!!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

well i want u to talk over the ingredients with her im thinking the unscented will work but im unsure aboiut the castor oil tho im not even sure thats in the liquid i havent seen the liquid ingredients list yet cause she didnt yet have lables printed up

--
Angel Frye
@angel-frye
13 years ago
409 posts

ok. i'll check them out when they're put up. Castor oil is made from the castor bean. Salicylate. It's a naughty. AND MAN I love the stuff!!! It's awesome in lip balms. Very moisturizing. Just can't have it on my skin. I'll check out the ingredients, though, and hope for the best.

Can you tell me what ingredients should NOT be used in dreads, specifically babies? I saw a list of them a while back but now I can't find it. The specific ingredients which cause buildup and dandruff and such.

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

the liquid ingredients are: distilled water, decyl glucoside (natural corn oil & natural plant sugar), lauryl glucoside (natural coconut oil & natural plant sugar), beer, calendula extract, essential oil, sea salt.

/ 10

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form