Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

African Black Soap

Lou Lou
@lou-lou
13 years ago
28 posts
Hey :) I've pulled upsome old posts up about African black soap but I'm finding lots of different answers so I thought it's best just to ask. Is it ok to use in caucasian hair? I was thinking about getting a bar but apprently it comes in liquid form aswell. If I do buy a bar do I need to just rub it on like a shampoo bar or dilute it in some water until it turns to liquid. All help appreciated. Lou :) xx
updated by @lou-lou: 02/14/15 09:06:27AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

ive heard many negatives but just as many likes tho i dont know if it depended on hair types and racial differences so i dunno

and if u got the bar use as a bar

u might wanna try maylees tho 1st

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lou Lou
@lou-lou
13 years ago
28 posts
Thanks for reply :) I'd love to try maylees nag champa its just that i'm in the UK so its 8 pound just forshipping which is a bit out of my price range at the moment. I basically have an option of Dr Bronners, Knotty boy, Dreadhead or African black soap. I have been using Baking soda and ACV but would like a bit of shampoo to use in between. Lou x
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

bronners id use..

isnt lush uk based?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lou Lou
@lou-lou
13 years ago
28 posts
It is yes, they have some really nice shampoo bars but last time I checked they had SLS in. I will recheck actually as that was a few years ago.
Angie Glaze
@angie-glaze
13 years ago
18 posts
I went to the Lush store in Chicago about a month ago, and yes, their products have at least a trace of SLS in them. Also, the one shampoo bar that *doesn't* have SLS and I was considering buying is loaded with coconut oil, which is fine but not real great for dreads. I was also disappointed because I went there with the full intention of buying their henna but they told me it will NOT cover grey hair( I have several throughout). I love Lush and their products and mission are outstanding,though--so I'm not knocking it at all.
Mama Harrison
@mama-harrison
13 years ago
117 posts
i love AFB and have used it for years. i use it as my only soap {besides bronners lavender for nighttime bathes}. I get it in block form, but you can always just put it in a container and add water and that makes a liquid. I don't use it on my dreads often--i just use ACV rinse {no BS for me either}, but when I do use it on my dreads it is fine. just be careful--most ABS isn't true ABS. I get mine from here-- http://www.agbangakarite.com/
Lou Lou
@lou-lou
13 years ago
28 posts
Lush so have some amazing products. If you have never tried Olive branch shower gel and get a chance to do! Smells divine :)

Angie Glaze said:
I went to the Lush store in Chicago about a month ago, and yes, their products have at least a trace of SLS in them. Also, the one shampoo bar that *doesn't* have SLS and I was considering buying is loaded with coconut oil, which is fine but not real great for dreads. I was also disappointed because I went there with the full intention of buying their henna but they told me it will NOT cover grey hair( I have several throughout). I love Lush and their products and mission are outstanding,though--so I'm not knocking it at all.
Lou Lou
@lou-lou
13 years ago
28 posts
Hey thanks for the link I will check it out. I've found some on eBay that's fair trade and says it authentic. You never know though. how often do you use it on your dreads? I'm stil on 2 and a half weeks into naturals so I don't fancy conditioning my hair to much as it's knotting up lovely. :)

Mama Harrison said:
i love AFB and have used it for years. i use it as my only soap {besides bronners lavender for nighttime bathes}. I get it in block form, but you can always just put it in a container and add water and that makes a liquid. I don't use it on my dreads often--i just use ACV rinse {no BS for me either}, but when I do use it on my dreads it is fine. just be careful--most ABS isn't true ABS. I get mine from here-- http://www.agbangakarite.com/
Mary
@mary
13 years ago
140 posts
I can't really give you a definitive answer since this product varies from person to person but please get the liquid. If you do not you will be rubbing that bar all night to lather your scalp!
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form