Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

aloe and lemonjuice

chrisDread
@chrisdread
13 years ago
6 posts

I think that all of my last few questions have been answered?

interesting thoughts, I'm going to try BS with out ACV, just essecials rinse

updated by @chrisdread: 07/20/15 02:27:17AM
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts
The reason that babies hair is so fine is mainly because they are born withouta developedinner core structure of hair...and that would be the medula layer. There are 3 layers to hair...the cuticle, the cortex and the medula. Since kids fail to have a fully developed medulla the hair is finer...partly because the hair is only 2 layers thick, but also because the medula is where we have our curl and texture info. Our cuticle is the outside of hair we see, the cortex holds the color structure and the medula the texture and curl structure although curl is also controlled by follicle shape. Another factor is that babies are not only covered with a creamy, moisturizing substance at birth but because they are usually eating well and are not either vitamin deficient or exposed as much as older people to toxic substances.
So, their systms are usually working well and they are oilier in general. The babie's hair changes as the medula layer matures and develops. That is another reason that hairstylists are reluctant to perm a child...this is the layer manipulated in a perm process. Hope that answers the question :)
Personal Jesus said:
this might sound silly but in regards to children could it be oils from the early stages left in the body and being processed out thus causing the babies hair to seem super fine because ive been around babies and their hair seems to change after a few months
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

I could talk about hair all day...I think it is very interesting! And I hear ya...I don't advocate destroying hair but some hair does need a bit of forceful "persuasion"..LOL
Suzanne Beattie said:

My own experiencewas exactlywhat you say Pantera - in regards to damaged hair dreading easily. My hair is damaged, fried (you would cringe to know what I've put it through). When I did the twist and rip it dreaded incredibly well and didn't undo much at all from what I can tell.

Then also as SE says - baby hair! My daughters bay fine hair would start "dreading" on it's ownin the back without any help. Weird.

all very interesting stuff.

not advocating destroying your hair!! x

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

are there phds in hair care>?

damn you impress me with how much you know and im kinda amazed at how much there is tio know about a subject like hair lol

i see ernie and pj added md to theyre names so panterra should add an honorary phd to hers

Panterra Caraway said:

The reason that babies hair is so fine is mainly because they are born withouta developedinner core structure of hair...and that would be the medula layer. There are 3 layers to hair...the cuticle, the cortex and the medula. Since kids fail to have a fully developed medulla the hair is finer...partly because the hair is only 2 layers thick, but also because the medula is where we have our curl and texture info. Our cuticle is the outside of hair we see, the cortex holds the color structure and the medula the texture and curl structure although curl is also controlled by follicle shape. Another factor is that babies are not only covered with a creamy, moisturizing substance at birth but because they are usually eating well and are not either vitamin deficient or exposed as much as older people to toxic substances.
So, their systms are usually working well and they are oilier in general. The babie's hair changes as the medula layer matures and develops. That is another reason that hairstylists are reluctant to perm a child...this is the layer manipulated in a perm process. Hope that answers the question :)
Personal Jesus said:
this might sound silly but in regards to children could it be oils from the early stages left in the body and being processed out thus causing the babies hair to seem super fine because ive been around babies and their hair seems to change after a few months

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form