Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

spiders in dreads?

Ashley Eve
@ashley-eve
13 years ago
43 posts

ive heard another version of that similar thing except it was in aus and it was red backs and he was getting his hair cut off at a hairdresser and died cuz they started biting him while they where cutting it

so i assume its another one of those stupid urban myth type things..

tho im sure all sorts of things are possible if your a dirty homeless person.. *shrug*

updated by @ashley-eve: 07/18/15 02:40:55PM
GratefulNick
@gratefulnick
13 years ago
155 posts

eek, I had a friend who was arachnaphobic, had dreads and we went camping. Being out in the wilderness you know he got one spider in he's dreads and cut them because he was so paranoid they were multiplying and that the spider laid eggs. I've never had a problem with spiders, they kill alot of bugs i dislike. But sometimes bees think my head is a bee hive and Im highly allergic, bugs sucks their like aliens.

Brandon Arnold
@brandon-arnold
13 years ago
184 posts
They were here before us, so maybe we're the aliens...

GratefulNick said:

eek, I had a friend who was arachnaphobic, had dreads and we went camping. Being out in the wilderness you know he got one spider in he's dreads and cut them because he was so paranoid they were multiplying and that the spider laid eggs. I've never had a problem with spiders, they kill alot of bugs i dislike. But sometimes bees think my head is a bee hive and Im highly allergic, bugs sucks their like aliens.

anthony williams
@anthony-williams
13 years ago
101 posts
Yeah, I mean, seems possible... buuuut not very probable.

Ashley Eve said:

ive heard another version of that similar thing except it was in aus and it was red backs and he was getting his hair cut off at a hairdresser and died cuz they started biting him while they where cutting it

so i assume its another one of those stupid urban myth type things..

tho im sure all sorts of things are possible if your a dirty homeless person.. *shrug*

Jeremy Tucker
@jeremy-tucker
13 years ago
20 posts
Just googled it like you said bro & it says pretty close to the EXACT same thing to what i said so maybe YOU need to google it....

Brandon Arnold said:

Dude, spiders don't even crawl into your mouth. If you google it, you'll find out it's a stupid misnomer/urban legend. How can spiders be that dumb to just crawl into an open hole and get swallowed? They're pretty intelligent. I mean, look at how complex their webs are!! And honestly, there are no set numbers on how many people "eat" them. It always varies. And who even made up that statistic? Who watched all those people for months at a time all night? It makes no sense...can't be legitimate.

But no, I have never ever heard of this problem before. I'm not afraid of them, but I certainly wouldn't worry about it. Sounds like someone was just trying to fuck with you,

Rebekah
@rebekah
13 years ago
10 posts

maybe someone already mentioned this: but this is an old urban legend...it was told about bee-hive hair stylestoo..no worries!

Jeremy Tucker
@jeremy-tucker
13 years ago
20 posts

I def think the story about spiders in dreads is a crock but i do believe alot of "Spider Facts" and just because 1 website says its a myth (with no research or anything included) i will believe the 100's (with facts and info) that say they are correct.

But yeah spiders in dreads sounds like a crock of shiznit lol

malcolmwright73
@malcolmwright73
2 years ago
1 posts

@meg I've literally had a spider fall into my hair in my car. I don't think theyre the ones who are being idiotic. lol

updated by @malcolmwright73: 05/09/22 04:29:13AM

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form