Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks site's servers are partialy funded by mining BTC on hashflare
any additional profits are donated to Fredoms Wings International Soaring for people with disabilities

Dreadlocks Forums

Mildew worries, how concerned should i be about dread-rot? and what do you think of Dr. Bronners?

Luke Decker
@luke-decker
7 years ago
15 posts
Ok so when i started dreads for the very first time i bought dreadheadhq shampoo, i had to cut my dreads cuz of school, but kept the dreads and put them on a tam to make it look realistic and then used them as extensions when i got them again ... I've said this before, but just recapping, anyway I still had the dreadheadhq shampoo, and i liked it and although i had the dreads for about a year, i still had plenty in there so I've been washing my hair more frequently cuz i wanted to buy some new stuff and since I'm disgusted that DHhq's wax was still in my dreads I decided to buy Dr. Bronners. Unfortunately I still looked at that dreadheadhq.com from time to time for hints (lame- i should stop) and KJC says that all other shampoo's except his leave residue and that can cause mildew, including organic castile soaps. I know its lies that he says wax is good and all, but the things he says about shampoo make sense, cuz you don't really want residues in your hair. I used Dr. Bronners today and i don't feel any residue, except they smell nice, I'm pretty sure that he's full of crap and I'm sure you guys will agree, I just want to hear it from someone who has had dreads for years, say it. I don't want to have mildew ever show up in my hair. My hair takes awhile to dry, even when i blowdry, it still takes a while to get completely dry, no problems yet, I'm just a little concerned. I put just enough Dr. Bronners soap to layer the bottom of a plastic empty ketchup bottle and then put water in the rest and wow!!! it still felt like too much cuz it felt really tingly on the scalp.
updated by @luke-decker: 02/14/15 08:07:02AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
28,407 posts

jonny is just trying to create a monopoly on dreasds everything will destroy your dreads but his shit wich actualy does destroy your drewdsa

for 12 years i used any old shampoo then i switched to bronners and finaly to baking ssoda

baking soda cleaned the best and solved my severe scalp issues so i stuck with it

i only had musty dreads from too huge of beads or putting on a tam when they were wet

it is so fucked up that jonna dares warmn against light easy to remove residues while telling u to use a heavy impossible to remove one

if u read that site for tips make sure the tips are for what not to dio..do not trust 1 single thing from that site..it is all wring..all..not 1 good peice of uindo at all

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long
Luke Decker
@luke-decker
7 years ago
15 posts
Thank you so much guys! I know you guy say it all over the site, i just wanted to hear it personally i guess. I know baking soda is cheaper and i used a few times and probably still will, its just i wanted to try Dr. Bronners out and I really like it! i just layered the bottom of ketchup bottle and the rest was water like I said, that stuff is amazing!! Yeah i don't even know why i was so worried.

soaringeagle said:

jonny is just trying to create a monopoly on dreasds everything will destroy your dreads but his shit wich actualy does destroy your drewdsa

for 12 years i used any old shampoo then i switched to bronners and finaly to baking ssoda

baking soda cleaned the best and solved my severe scalp issues so i stuck with it

i only had musty dreads from too huge of beads or putting on a tam when they were wet

it is so fucked up that jonna dares warmn against light easy to remove residues while telling u to use a heavy impossible to remove one

if u read that site for tips make sure the tips are for what not to dio..do not trust 1 single thing from that site..it is all wring..all..not 1 good peice of uindo at all

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
28,407 posts

bronners is awesome unless u have hard water

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long
Luke Decker
@luke-decker
7 years ago
15 posts

I thought i had harder water than the place where i used to live, but it must not be bad, cuz i seen a discussion about Dr. Bronners leaving dreads sticky in hard water and they are not sticky except for a little area where i put some beads, but it is not bad, not really bad at all.soaringeagle said:

bronners is awesome unless u have hard water

meg ☮
@meg
7 years ago
92 posts
I have the lavender Dco Brons at home. Is there any way I can tell if my water is hard or not? I never understood what hard or soft water was.
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
7 years ago
283 posts

I never added water to my Dr.Bonners O__O I just squirt some into my hand and lather on my hair. I have the 18:1 Dr. Bonners peppermint.

Are you suppose to put it in water....I never understood that lol

NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
7 years ago
849 posts
you're supposed to dilute it. I think it even says it on the bottle among the 192879823784623652 other words on there! lol!
Lex
@lex
7 years ago
212 posts
that bottle is the reason I don't use dr. bronners. too much hippie-speak freaks me out
Gabe McCoy
@gabe-mccoy
7 years ago
120 posts
Hmm, I don't see anything about "hippie speak" that would be objectionable, to each his own I guess

Lex said:
that bottle is the reason I don't use dr. bronners. too much hippie-speak freaks me out
 / 3

Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form