dreadlocksblogs.com is availible

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/21/15 09:30:13AM
eyeheartchrist
@eyeheartchrist
14 years ago
12 posts
Zero, because I haven't had any need for it. Plus I'd be concerned over water retention if there was anything in my hair in the first place. :-P
AciDreams
@acidreams
14 years ago
39 posts
eyeheartchrist said:
Zero, because I haven't had any need for it. Plus I'd be concerned over water retention if there was anything in my hair in the first place. :-P
Dude! your hair has been one of my inspirations for awhile
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
and still no real progress

Reggaevolucin said:
500 replies! dayummm xD

--
Matt7
@matt7
14 years ago
11 posts
Alright man look, I've been dreading for a very short time (it can't even be considered dreads if you look at my first pictures haha, which were taken last night) and whether or not you read this, that is completely alright with me.But first, let me say this, don't know if it's already been said but here goes.First: You market dreads as if there is only one type of dread to have. The perfect, salon done dreads. They have to look like this, by the message you put out. Like there is only way to do this. The last time i went to your site, (i almost backcombed, but I am glad because I will save my hair. I hate not having hair) you labeled the natural way of doing it as 'neglect' That in itself implies that it is not a very good way of doing it. Why not change the wording, to something more friendly like natural.Second: Your videos target stoner kids and teenagers, most probably under the age of 16 and stress upon the poin that everyone who has dreadlocks is a stoner. False. I can prove that wrong if you'd like me to, but i won't. You also shove the backcombing/wax/dread locka products in the face of those kids, without warning of the damage it can do to hair. If people want to use your products, then let them. But you also must warn them that damage can and will be done during those processes, including the wax.Third: Wax. I'm not the smartest man in the world, but have you ever seen dried wax before? (i.e. a candle?) Now think of that in your hair, the harmful chemicals it has and the fact that if you pour water onto it, which is needed to provide nutrients to your hair, it has no effect. So in simple, everyday terms, your hair isn't getting the nutrients needed to grow and become strong.Four: Stop implying that everyone that has dreadlocks is a fucking pothead. I hate that gusto, because while I am open to people that smoke weed, I do not. And if I go out in public with dreadlocks I will automatically be looked upon and shunned as a pot head, or even a hippie. Sure we have free spirits here, and people that like to smoke weed. But the fact is, this is an accepting culture.Finally: I respect you for coming here and getting blasted. That takes balls man, and I didn't mean to sound harsh but I just want you to understand that some of the things you are doing are wrong and that you do not provide enough information. It is easy to take advantage of people. But harder to do the right thing. Now I have my own sins and whatnot, which will not be discussed, but I try to do right by people. Treat your neighbor as you want to be treated. That's the golden rule. So, good luck man and I wish you nothing but the best.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
your whole marketing comes down to thisyiu will catch more flies with honey then vinageri dont mean by being nice though i mean selling the idea of a clean neat appearance by just making them sticky and sweet smellingnow my question is are you trying to grow dreadlocks or trap flies?(flies has lies in it..haha)you are not trying to help grow healthy dreadlocks or you wouldnt be selling tools that poke holes in dreads..but..you are building a better fly trap (sand i dont mean the flies that get stuck to wax that would be too easy) you are nothing but a marketing gimick, theres nothing real about u or your personality, you cannot say hello without imediately following with "when you use only dreadheadhq products....." you cant take a family movie without it turning into an infomercial and u cant take a simple picture without editing it to make an advertisement..you are a trap..you trap the nieve who fall for the gimicksthey cant see beyond the lies cause the nets flooded with themyour nearly an inescapable trap till we came along cleared away some wax and gave some flies room to fly the way flies are meant to flywe are the unstuckthose released from the trapas yiu can see we have no problems growing dreads without youand more and more will see just how easy it is to dread when they escape your trap

--
eyeheartchrist
@eyeheartchrist
14 years ago
12 posts
I'd like to see what "Knotty Jonny Clean" has to say in front of people that see through the deception he markets to the ignorant.....He doesn't stand a chance in the least bit.
eyeheartchrist
@eyeheartchrist
14 years ago
12 posts
oh and to answer his question, I onced used his wax, and i think there is only two reason if I were to own it now: candles and mustache wax. :-P It was a terrible experience, and i'm glad to know, AND I get to keep my hair, too!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i wonder where all his suporters are with theyre "glowing testimonials" it would seem that with 505 posts and tons and tons of people saying they were harmed by wax why isnt there any of this overwhelming suport he claims to have?not 1 person joined and said wax is greatyet about 50 or more joined since this thread started who said they were harmed by wax or were trying to recovdr from wax and all the rest very proudly said they knew better then to use wax..hmmis the glowing suport u claim to have just a product of ego?or is it just another marketing gimmick tooyou can trust me i have thousands of satisfied customerswhen those are just words not based on facts that is pretty much proof of a scam..gain trust sell shoddy products for overinflated prices ignoree the harm you didtake what u can get while u can get it and move on to the next unaware victimabout 400 posts ago u gave some of us some hope that u wernt just a scambut then fed us more infomercials and no reformationshave yu edited the site? removed wax from the inventory? added a warning? done anything except push the idea that theres thousands of satisfied customers? well..where are they?afraid that they will come here realize the truth and u will lose the last of them?u had 1 person come and defend u..the crazy salt lady and if u look at her most recent vid she causes more harm then u do breakimg tools in hair? wtf?great spokesperson u got thereshe makes torture look like more fun then dreadingthat is your 1 suporterglowing testimonials from a brainwashed psychowhat cult did u find her in anyway?im really not seeing a whole lot of suport here are u? and there have been plenty who started dreads yor way..why arent they as suportive as u claim?i would have thought there might be 10% who suport u still maybe your 99% and my 10% suport estimates were all way off and its less then 1%?where are they? anyone can see this and im betting a hell of alot have why hasnt 1 stepped up and said they thought wax was helpful?im guessing this has been read by about 100,000 people since its started..but lets say thats only 25,000 youd think 1 would want to suport you since in your mind your such an idol to the dread world..the odds arent looking good for u jonny

--
Knotty Jonny Clean
@knotty-jonny-clean
14 years ago
13 posts
You guys are usually great at pretending thousands of satisfied DreadHeads don't exist...Of course when pics are posted and it's obvious they do exist you say their dreads are "awful", "disgusting", "waxy", "ruined" and "stiff"....unfortunately ignoring reality doesn't change reality. It's pretty obvious to everyone else that either you truly don't like dreadlocks that look groomed and "ideal" in many peoples eyes, or you're so hell bent on making your anti-wax point that you'll flat out lie about what you see. At this point I really don't care but I'm glad you're satisfied with how things are going. =]I have to say I feel a lot better about the fact we don't agree. I try to respect the opinion of those who don't share my basic principles but I'm not going to subvert rational judgement out of respect for groundless fantasy.BTW I went looking through your forum for pictures of neglect and twist n rip dreads at two months that had never had the benefits of dread wax or other products or methods. I couldn't find any that really looked like they were locking, but if you can find some and post them along with info about their age, how they were started, and the maintenance they underwent I'd love to take a look.salu2,KJC

/ 20

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form