Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I have questions about dreadwax - yes, I'm really asking this here lol

Jon2
@jon2
14 years ago
25 posts
You should chill, man. Be more yourself, you seem like a character on your videos.Also, SE SHOULD be able to tell just from looking at the pictures, unless he was blind, because humans are visual creatures. I'm just learning about dreads, and went with the "neglect" method because I don't want to damage my hair with back combing. I can't tell if your dreads look like they do because of wax, but I can definitely see the difference between your dreads and SE's.Your dreads looked like they had a thinner thick core, with lots of much looser hair all around it. SE's looked like they were completely together, with a few hairs sticking out here and there. I can't say if it's the wax or what, they just don't look the same. To me, SE's look much healthier and held together.

Knotty Jonny Clean said:
I'm glad you got your "proof" now. That settles it. My dreads are terrible - SE said so!
(I think you could say I just got proof of something as well.)

All this discussion about how to measure the tightness of a dread and this whole time SE had the jedi like ability to "SEE" tightness in a photo! I guess I'll just throw in the towel - there's no need to do any more experiments or look for any other type of objective evidence. We'll all just ask SE and he can tell us when our dreads are tight. He can also tell us if are dreads are "real" and if we are worthy to wear them!

Yea...you guys have fun with that.. =]

soaringeagle said:
dude those are hardlt dresded at all after 6 years? mine were more dreaded at 1 month that was exactklly the proof i needed they are not dreaded just glued together
and i requested closeuup pics not another scumbag marketting thing
and that dude shawns dreads are disgusrting knotty sloans are a mess too
get real

your dreads look extremely damaged and not at all dreaded

gimme 15 min ill show u how dreaded dreads should look

updated by @jon2: 07/11/15 08:55:01PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
all along we have said that your experiments are a joke and the only way to measure maturity was visualy and 1 look was all it tooknow i dare u to just take a simple picture no bullshit advertising just a picture and do as i did zoom in crop an area increase the image size 500%and then another (i tried 500% but too lossy so backed off about 60% from there)this should give u a magnification factor of 500 and aboyt 750-800 % and give u the detail to see just how undreaded yours are after 6 yearsu claim maturity in 3 months but in 6 years they do not appear mature at allnot even close

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jim the Kraken
@jim-the-kraken
14 years ago
81 posts
Just an observation dude, my first set looked the same way. didn't mean to come off sounding harsh.

Knotty Jonny Clean said:
Really? And I never would have anticipated that..... Wait, let me get this straight.... you DON"T LIKE MY DREADS? I'm devastated....crushed!! I'm not sure I'll ever be able to......oh wait.....I'm over it. 3 ]

Jim the Kraken said:
when I looked at your pictures, your "dreads" looked like they had crusted wax and broken hairs all over the place.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
jonny you have always hads messed up waxy dreads therefore u have no compasrrison to go bymost ppl here tried the waxy way and ended up starting over the right way so they can compare the differenceuniversaly they agree that wax free is the way to be and that wax free dreads dreaded 3 times fasterits odvios that at 6 years yours are way way behind where dreads should be at 1 yearbut you cant see that cause you have no experience at all with real dreadingthats why i have challengedd u over and over and over to remove 1 single dread and let it dread wax freee then and only then will you ever see the truththat is the only experiment that makes and sense at all to conductside by side wax vs no wax on 1 headin 3-6 months it will be more dreaded then all the waxy dreads will ever be

--
Lola
@lola
14 years ago
7 posts
i used dreadheadhq dread wax (and the lock pepper, accelerator and shampoo) and my locks were so incredibly horrible...which was devastating and pretty much kept me at a distance from realizing my dream of having my own luscious locks....that was 10 years ago....luckily now i know better and have been starting my new baby dreadies over the past few days..and i'm actually not fretting over it at all bc i know i am not using wax to start them....so all will be o-k...and even better in due time

sorry i don't have any pictures from my first set...but they didn't last longer than maybe a month

i am not 100% anti wax but I AM 100% pro not using wax ..there are no risks, so why would anyone be against it? ....with wax, you take a risk...why?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
great way to put itwax has destroyed thousdsands of dreads so why the hell would anyone go on selling wax? its totaly unethicalbecause some ppl dont realize how badly they were screwwed? thats an excuse to go on selling it?no its notu rely in the ignorance of newbiesbecause they havent realized theyre dreads are rotting on the inside u think thats enough reason to sell it to others and let them be harmned too?its really really hard to insoire hatred in dreadjeads against dreadheads but by refusing to stop harming thousands of dreads thats exactly what you have dineyou are thought of as a joke a con artist a greedy scumbag who knows damn well thye harm you do but refuse to stop doing harm instead u deffend it citing a few examoples of a few fools not smart enough to realize how u screwed themjust do the right thing..remove the wax..and the lock docta from the site and u will finaly gain some respect

Lola Cartier said:
i used dreadheadhq dread wax (and the lock pepper, accelerator and shampoo) and my locks were so incredibly horrible...which was devastating and pretty much kept me at a distance from realizing my dream of having my own luscious locks....that was 10 years ago....luckily now i know better and have been starting my new baby dreadies over the past few days..and i'm actually not fretting over it at all bc i know i am not using wax to start them....so all will be o-k...and even better in due time

sorry i don't have any pictures from my first set...but they didn't last longer than maybe a month

i am not 100% anti wax but I AM 100% pro not using wax ..there are no risks, so why would anyone be against it? ....with wax, you take a risk...why?

--
shine166
@shine166
14 years ago
18 posts
Yer I used knotty boy briefly and also bees wax for a small period of time, ive got the dreads kicking around somewhere if you want to dissect them
Dready Mimi
@dready-mimi
14 years ago
16 posts
I have very straight 'caucasian' hair that I thought would not dread without help. (That's what I get for believing the top stories when I googled Dreadlocks). I used DHHQ wax and plain bees wax on two different attempts to "flash dread" my hair. The wax ruined a set of pillowcases, a couple of shirts and at least one towel. And my hair never did lock up. Why would it? The wax just made my very straight hair even slicker. Both times I ended up cutting out the waxed dreads (they went straight into the garbage) and waiting for my hair to grow out enough to start over. I found a good cleansing shampoo that got all the chemical residue out of my hair and I now have natural neglect dreads that are clean and wax, fuzz, and bug free. 'Caucasian' hair WILL lock up. It just takes patience and a cute tam or two!
nini
@nini
14 years ago
19 posts
I'd like to see a closeup of jonny cleans dreads, that can settle a lot of arguments I guess. im new to this whole wax no wax thing, i never used it just cos i like to go natural. sooo hoping to see closeup image of one of your dreads jonny [:
Conner Hannon
@conner-hannon
14 years ago
27 posts
The thing is, I know everyone here is against the idead of wax and want him to remove it off his site and if he doesn't then hes scamming people. I dont think that is the case at all. Some people actually want to use wax. I mean I dont because it seems to do more harm than good but if people want to then he should sell it. Plus, he cant be blamed that people dont do their research

/ 20

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form