Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I have questions about dreadwax - yes, I'm really asking this here lol

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
lisas been real busy..school i think and couple corections 1 lisas test is a 6 month 12 the youtube test was 5 months..only 5 waxings and it wasnt stopped because it wasnt comming out it was stopped because the dread became hard..stiff stuck straight up and she was grossed out

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/22/15 06:09:51AM
Knotty Jonny Clean
@knotty-jonny-clean
14 years ago
13 posts
You are right...I did miss the point of the proposed experiment. Usually the objective of a experiment is stated - I was just guessing. Thanks for clearing that up.What's more important though is your apparent belief that I think the presence of wax alone would or could help hair dread... I think it's important to make it clear that I DO NOT think wax by itself would help the process. It may - it may not (I'd guess it wouldn't) - But I don't see any relevance at all since all my claims and beliefs about what wax does (and doesn't do) are closely related to the context of how it's used.Just as I can guarantee wax will benefit locking if used correctly I can equally guarantee it will slow locking if used improperly. It is only a tool. It does not replace you as the one in control.I agree that waxing alone, without palmrollling, is more or less useless but I don't see how this has any bearing on it's effectiveness when it's used correctly.Let's say I took your baking soda mixture and lightly sprinkled some on a few of my dreads and left it there. Would I get the same results as if I had used it according to your instructions? Of course not. Does that mean that it couldn't have gotten different results if I used it correctly? Of course not.I don't see how waxing without palmrolling is any different.If you want your experiment to show us what really happens when wax is used correctly, then you must use the wax "as it's recommended". You can do what you like of course, but it's not going to persuade anyone if it has to logical relation to how wax is actually used. All you'd prove is that it doesn't work when it's not used correctly. I or anyone else can tell you that....no experiment is needed.It's funny you mention the Lady Jeebus's (I think that's her name) experiment on youtube.If you watch it with the sound off you'll see two dreads - one waxed -one not. Both were started properly with good knots. She maintains the waxed dread more or less as directed except she makes to attempt to remove the wax with a hot rinse. (I think she may also add wax at a regular interval which is not recommended but I'm not certain on that)Basically she just adds the wax- the waxed dread looks much smoother, then the dread tightens as it's supposed to (in fact I'd say it tightens nice and quick)- she FREAKS OUT - and rather than removing the wax she cuts open the dread to find it still inside. OF COURSE ITS STILL INSIDE!!! She made no attempt to remove it. lol I never made any public response to that video - I think it clearly shows the benefits of wax and the fact that it's touted as proof that wax is bad is really entertaining.Are those pictures coming btw? I'd really like to see'em.Respect-KJC soaringeagle said:
umm u missed the entire point of the experriment and why no washing and monthly wax removal according to directiions was needed or wanted
ther point of the experiment had nothing to do with how removable wax is
it has to do with wether wax helps speed or slow dreading!

thats why no palm rolling is permitted
the wax is applied and only normal daily activities are simulated..moving and sleeping

then the wax is removed (if its possible to remove) and see if the wax free or previosly waxed dread is actually more dreaded
the experiment should co on with both sets after the wax is removed to test progress beyond the waxy period to see which reaches acvtual maturity not faked msaturity 1st
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
dude stop with the "when properly used " bullshit and think for a secondthe experiment proves exactly what it should prove u said yourself that wax and palm rolling prevents knots only compresses the existing knots into waxso the experiment proves that no dreading occurs when wax is present compression is not dreading get that through your headwhen u wax u stop dreading you just make it appear like u dreadedunderstand?someone get me a brick wallwould be easier to talk toand i think the pics arent comming cause most ppl have totaly given up on this thread and are ignoring itnow an experiment that proves that wax does not aid in dreading but hinders it is the only experiement nee4dedandf that wax vid she did indeed do hot washes every week and only waxed 1 time a month not weekly like u recomendso give it up..u losewhy dont u just do the right thing instead of just pretending u want to do the right thing and stop recomending wax!!1

--
tatyananashi
@tatyananashi
14 years ago
145 posts
/agree Personal Jesus said:
ugh this is old the circle talking marketing is really silly now this has pretty much turned into what happened the last time: he circle talks, makes up silly experiment, then circle talks more about people using his product wrong. then when another experiment is suggested he circle talks about how its not up to code.
MzElaineous
@mzelaineous
14 years ago
87 posts
Seriously, this thread is still going on? The last time I checked Johnny was gaining respect for looking into wax defects. It seems the longer the conversations and "experiments" continue the more people are aware of his ignorance and selfishness. Looks like someone better make a copy of this thread before he smartens up and decides to delete the whole thing.
Kat
@kat
14 years ago
10 posts
This may upset some people but my purpose is not to offend it is to give to an opinion that I hope makes people think! Please read it all before passing judgment on me as I'm sure you will do as its human nature to judge.You all make me so angry, dreadlocked people stick together ffs (for fuck sake) the majority of people think we are all dirty, smelly hippies and here we are arguing about which method works best wax is bad, don't crochet, no wax is good blah, blah fucking blah.You make a bad choice about a hair cut doesn't matter it grows back, dye it bright green instead of blonde it grows back, use wax that method doesn't work for you shave it off it grows back. Amazing isn't it how no matter what IT WILL GROW BACK!!!The people that buy these products in the first place are people who haven't done enough research is that Johnny's fault, no i think not, I bet half the people who do more research and see that there are other methods might still go for his products why because they are the fastest way to getting the results there after. Johnny clean is making money off your vanity, impatience and lack of knowledge how is that different to most businesses. Ok worse case scenario you have to shave your head, well I'm sorry people but I hope this has taught you a lesson if you weren't to vain shaving your head wouldn't be a big deal in the first place, and maybe this will teach you some patience embrace this lesson and take this time to do more research...I do not agree with the way Johnny makes a buck but at the end of the day I'm not the one who has to live with that on my conscience, which may be why every time someone bags ( rips ) on his products he defends them more because he wants to be able to sleep at night, his still trying to convince himself that there the best way to do it, I bet he started off with only the best intentions so help him not slander him abuse and accuse him, tell him why the wax is bad and any of the other products but don't be bitter and accusing because you had a bad experience we can all learn from mistakes that have been made if we share our knowledge and be generous and support one another as I said earlier we are few really us dreadheads we should stick together!Keep this in mind when your posting!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
hair may grow back but dreadlocks hold in so much experience losing dreadlocks is not like getting a haircut its traumatic, depressingdreads affect you..losimg dreads u lose a part of youit shouldnt be taken as lightly as getting a bad haircutand there also you touched on another huuuuuge issueresearchuntill this site existed there almost was no other way to find good info.. there were literaly 3 or 4 hardto find forums burrined under thousands and thousands of affiliate sites pointing to kb or dhhq..in fact jonny, or 1 of his freinds edits the open directory projects dreadlocks catagory there are literaly millions of websites related to dreads the dmoz site lists 3.. dhhq perfect dreadlocks and how to dread..all 3 dhhq clone sitesthey refuse to list us or any other sitesthey refuse to accept any editors that would recomend any other sitesdmoz listings affevt listings in some other engines as welljonny used the scummiest of scumbag marketting schemes to make damn sure nobody ever got any opinions but histhats why he only showed 1 side of the debate and wouldnt have both sides presented in 1 place so he could control what ppl foundif just that was ended those thousands of afiliate sites closed and the whats it called dread points? sponsored dreadies thing was discintinued so there no longer was thousands of sites of lies making it impossible to find the truth that would be a huge huge step worthy of respectbut when 1 man controls all the information and puts out only flawed information that flawed information becomes the "truth" as people belirve it and is exactky why people belueve dreadies are dirtyhow can they not be dirty with dirt trapped in wax?we should stick together our dreads shouldnt Kat said:
This may upset some people but my purpose is not to offend it is to give to an opinion that I hope makes people think! Please read it all before passing judgment on me as I'm sure you will do as its human nature to judge.

You all make me so angry, dreadlocked people stick together ffs (for fuck sake) the majority of people think we are all dirty, smelly hippies and here we are arguing about which method works best wax is bad, don't crochet, no wax is good blah, blah fucking blah.
You make a bad choice about a hair cut doesn't matter it grows back, dye it bright green instead of blonde it grows back, use wax that method doesn't work for you shave it off it grows back. Amazing isn't it how no matter what IT WILL GROW BACK!!!
The people that buy these products in the first place are people who haven't done enough research is that Johnny's fault, no i think not, I bet half the people who do more research and see that there are other methods might still go for his products why because they are the fastest way to getting the results there after. Johnny clean is making money off your vanity, impatience and lack of knowledge how is that different to most businesses. Ok worse case scenario you have to shave your head, well I'm sorry people but I hope this has taught you a lesson if you weren't to vain shaving your head wouldn't be a big deal in the first place, and maybe this will teach you some patience embrace this lesson and take this time to do more research...
I do not agree with the way Johnny makes a buck but at the end of the day I'm not the one who has to live with that on my conscience, which may be why every time someone bags ( rips ) on his products he defends them more because he wants to be able to sleep at night, his still trying to convince himself that there the best way to do it, I bet he started off with only the best intentions so help him not slander him abuse and accuse him, tell him why the wax is bad and any of the other products but don't be bitter and accusing because you had a bad experience we can all learn from mistakes that have been made if we share our knowledge and be generous and support one another as I said earlier we are few really us dreadheads we should stick together!

Keep this in mind when your posting!

--
Knotty Jonny Clean
@knotty-jonny-clean
14 years ago
13 posts
I have to apologize. I didnt come here to discuss or to debate the effectiveness of dreadwax or its removability. (Yet thats what we started to do and I take full responsibility) I understand that the majority of the members here only recognize one possible outcome when dreadwax is used. If the first hand testimony of satisfied wax users isnt sufficient reason to consider another outcome, there is no way anything I could say or demonstrate could cause you to think differently. I thank you for reminding me of it so we dont continue to waste each others time.I would like to learn as much as possible about the outcome that you do believe in - the one where wax does not work.So far 6 members have said they used DHHQ wax alone (not mixed with other waxes) and had trouble removing it. Id like to ask these members who used my wax a few more questions:1)What shampoos/soaps did you use?2)What was your section size or range? (be as specific as possible)3)How tight were the dreads when you stopped using wax?4)How long had you had the dreads when you stopped using wax?5)What steps did you take to remove the wax? (be as specific as possible)6)What year did you purchase the wax and from where?7)What method did you used to initially create the knots?Thank you for your help!-KJC
Kat
@kat
14 years ago
10 posts
I'm not so angry now I know how hard losing hair can be dreads or no dreads its hard especially when it's something that is done not by choice but by being pushed into it based on something that has happened. Be angry be whatever it is that losing your hair has made you feel, fuck i feel for you it sucks but look forward to the day when you have nice natural dreads you can wave them (and they really move) in the waxers faces and say you could have these to just try it i did and I'll never look back...Ok yes online advertising search engines ect all point you in the one direction but youtube has been running for 5 years now and I found this site through you soaringangle on youtube not to mention google images and its your photos off dreadlockssite that come up all over the place! Besides why restrict your research to online ask any damn hairdresser and yeah they may not have first hand experience but chances are they are going to be able to tell you whats most damaging to you hair! In fact i spoke to a hairdresser prior to getting my dreads she told me not to use wax because she had cut off countless dreads in her time where people had used wax and they had dread rot and stunk, when i told her i wasn't planning on it and told her i intended to backcomb and crochet she warned,me that it was very damaging to my hair i ignored her advice but that was my choice.I did mention but I'll say it again I do not support what Johnny does how he goes about things but each to there own it has not effected me but its effected many of you on this website but fuck him and what he does I don't hate him for it you people that are here now on this website you are the people who have the patience and commitment to have dreads real natural dreads show that same commitment to spreading the word that wax sucks and I'm sure eventually that we shall be the majority not the minority. soaringeagle said:
hair may grow back but dreadlocks hold in so much experience losing dreadlocks is not like getting a haircut its traumatic, depressing
dreads affect you..losimg dreads u lose a part of you
it shouldnt be taken as lightly as getting a bad haircut

and there also you touched on another huuuuuge issue
research
untill this site existed there almost was no other way to find good info.. there were literaly 3 or 4 hardto find forums burrined under thousands and thousands of affiliate sites pointing to kb or dhhq..in fact jonny, or 1 of his freinds edits the open directory projects dreadlocks catagory there are literaly millions of websites related to dreads the dmoz site lists 3.. dhhq perfect dreadlocks and how to dread..all 3 dhhq clone sites
they refuse to list us or any other sites
they refuse to accept any editors that would recomend any other sites
dmoz listings affevt listings in some other engines as well

jonny used the scummiest of scumbag marketting schemes to make damn sure nobody ever got any opinions but his
thats why he only showed 1 side of the debate and wouldnt have both sides presented in 1 place so he could control what ppl found

if just that was ended those thousands of afiliate sites closed and the whats it called dread points? sponsored dreadies thing was discintinued so there no longer was thousands of sites of lies making it impossible to find the truth that would be a huge huge step worthy of respect

but when 1 man controls all the information and puts out only flawed information that flawed information becomes the "truth" as people belirve it and is exactky why people belueve dreadies are dirty
how can they not be dirty with dirt trapped in wax?

we should stick together our dreads shouldnt

Kat said:
This may upset some people but my purpose is not to offend it is to give to an opinion that I hope makes people think! Please read it all before passing judgment on me as I'm sure you will do as its human nature to judge.

You all make me so angry, dreadlocked people stick together ffs (for fuck sake) the majority of people think we are all dirty, smelly hippies and here we are arguing about which method works best wax is bad, don't crochet, no wax is good blah, blah fucking blah.
You make a bad choice about a hair cut doesn't matter it grows back, dye it bright green instead of blonde it grows back, use wax that method doesn't work for you shave it off it grows back. Amazing isn't it how no matter what IT WILL GROW BACK!!!
The people that buy these products in the first place are people who haven't done enough research is that Johnny's fault, no i think not, I bet half the people who do more research and see that there are other methods might still go for his products why because they are the fastest way to getting the results there after. Johnny clean is making money off your vanity, impatience and lack of knowledge how is that different to most businesses. Ok worse case scenario you have to shave your head, well I'm sorry people but I hope this has taught you a lesson if you weren't to vain shaving your head wouldn't be a big deal in the first place, and maybe this will teach you some patience embrace this lesson and take this time to do more research...
I do not agree with the way Johnny makes a buck but at the end of the day I'm not the one who has to live with that on my conscience, which may be why every time someone bags ( rips ) on his products he defends them more because he wants to be able to sleep at night, his still trying to convince himself that there the best way to do it, I bet he started off with only the best intentions so help him not slander him abuse and accuse him, tell him why the wax is bad and any of the other products but don't be bitter and accusing because you had a bad experience we can all learn from mistakes that have been made if we share our knowledge and be generous and support one another as I said earlier we are few really us dreadheads we should stick together!

Keep this in mind when your posting!
Kat
@kat
14 years ago
10 posts
yes sorry I didn't mean to rant........I'm going back over there now in to my little corner Chewin Change said:
kat can we stay on topic please we went over a lot of your points in the beginning of the thread

/ 20

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form