Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I have questions about dreadwax - yes, I'm really asking this here lol

Thr4sher
@thr4sher
14 years ago
18 posts
Hey I just cut my hair today for a job and when I cut it I was not happy with what I saw. It was disgusting so much wax build up it was gross as shit. I used wax for the first month I have had dreadlocks(DHHQ wax) and then stoped cause it felt gross and unnatural. So I did the boiling water and paper towel trick with a friend and repeated every couple of days then I was convinced it was all out. I have had my dreads for 5 months and some in the back were as hard as a rope like you said i thought it was just maturing but when I cut it off and dissected it is was just wax. Gross right? So I felt the difference between the waxy ones and the ones that seemed to be free of wax. The ones without it were very soft and tight(tight but very flexible and nicely stayed together). The ones that had wax were as stiff as a board and were perfectly round from palm rolling. They don't really fell rightwhen there on your head compared to the other ones. Well I'll rap this up. What I want to say is I can't see anyone wanting perfectly round dreads that are so tight and inflexible that they are just uncomfortable and annoying for everything except show. I'm very dissapointed that I found dread head hq before dreadlockssite cause they would have given me fair warning that your product is not a good idea. I will never recommend it.
updated by @thr4sher: 07/10/15 02:36:16AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
how did they compare as far as actual dreading wentwere the waxy ones less dreaded then the clean ones?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
the satisfied customers sure are comming out to support ya now arent they?betsy the crazy salt lady was the only satisfied customer to show support and shes proffiting from destroying dreads your way tooim betting every satisfied customer u claim is 1 of yoir sponsored ones ..they trade good reviews for discounts on crap they havent realized they dont wantthousands of satisfied customers and not 1 willing to stand up and deffend you?yet they are l9nning up to tell u what they think of you even though you are ignoring themdelusional maybe?

--
Pathargic
@patrick2
14 years ago
61 posts
Well, I'm sure you've received your fair number of bashings and criticisms. I'll just relay my experience. I'm one to always do research before making a major decision. Dreading is something I... Well, I can't say I've been planning to do it... Sort of just got lazy after a while and said "Screw it, I don't feel like cutting my hair anymore". Anyhow, I ran across your website. Not knowing any better, I bought a few products. Now, this wasn't an immediate decision. I contemplated over it for a couple of months. Aside from the ridiculous prices(10 bucks for shipping? Really?), I bought the following: Dread Wax, A hair band, the comb, locking accelerator(little did I know it was just salt water...), and... the soap. I figured that was all that I needed. I followed your videos on "How to Dread". It took me about 13 hours, since I was doing it on my own. When I finished, my first thought was "How the hell am I supposed to sleep on this?). It didn't occur to me at the time that it felt COMPLETELY disgusting. I thought it was "normal" at first. Almost immediately, however, I, thankfully, felt that it wasn't right and washed it out. Did I mention it took AGES to wash out? My goodness. But, uh, overall, the most useful thing I bought from Dreadhead HQ was the crocheted headband. Everything else? Well, the soap was okay. 20 bucks for 10 oz(that's including shipping) is completely ridiculous, however. A bar of Dr. Bronners' Peppermint Soap has lasted me months. For 4 dollars. The wax is disgusting. It feels disgusting. The locking accelerator is salt water. Could've gotten that for 2 bucks, if not less. The comb was overpriced as well. Oh, and I totally forgot about the loose hair tool. That was 4 dollars. And it's COMPLETELY useless. At least the wax makes a good candle. What the heck do I need a "loose hair tool" for? Eh, I'm sure you've heard this already, but you're wasting people's time as well as money. Hell, if you're going to rip people off, do it at a decent price, at least. I hope you at least apologized to those who've had to chop their hair off due to the waxy, moldy buildup they've gotten. I was one of the lucky ones. Still wasted a good 60 bucks, though...
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
gee satisfi4ed customers/ really jonny/ is this what u call satisfied/have you been to a therapist jonny/ megolomania maybe/ delusions of grandeur/ what could possibly make u believe u have satisfied customers and zero complaints when plainly the opposite is trueyou must have some deffence mechanism that turns every complainto into praise ..ofh wait..u do u blame the complainer u claim they just didnt use it rightface the facts jonny..905 feel u are a scammer..a scumbag..a rippoffand the words getting outreform or crumble u can sell bands beads and tams at a decent price..stop screwing ppl and youd have way more customersbut u love to screw em dont u..u refuse to do the right thingu rather rip em off then remove the harmful productswhere are the satisfied customers/over 500 posts the biggest thread on the site and ..zero supportwhich of us is living in reality jonny/ u have no satisfied customers..zero..hey..if u go for a psych exam ill pay for the 1st session i think that would be a great experiement to see why you actualy think ppl love your stuffwords have power..the most used word for wax..disgusting..grooss useless garbage..the most used words for u a joke a scammer a scumbag a rippoffhows that feel really/u can control how you and your business is viewed in the future u can actualy get the suport and satisfied customers u think u have by reforming your business stop being a scumbag snake oil salesmen start just selling useful quality items hand made tams and beadsa decent soapand a free wax remover and apolgy to every 1 of your victimsoh yea..thats the powerful word your 'satisfied customers' use fir themselves..victims..hows that make u feel jonny/

--
Heather B
@heather-b
14 years ago
53 posts
I personally want to thank Jonny Clean. I've only had my locs for about 5 months and I absolutely love them! I'm so grateful that there was someone out there to start me in any direction towards starting them (I just discovered this site this week). Having said that and to answer your question, I have used your wax. For lack of further information and direction I was very careful to do exactly everything that your site recommended. Except for maybe the amount of wax I put in my hair. The reason? I couldn't handle the smell, or the sticky dirty feeling it gave my wonderful locs, therefore I only used it 3 or 4 times and very very lightly and only because I thought that's what was best. But now after reading some of the stories that I've read here I am saddened that I didn't have enough faith in myself to stop the wax application from the beginning when it felt so wrong. I am also very worried about the damage my baby dreads are maturing with. I won't give up hope, and I wont be cutting them off. I will continue to clean them and let them be natural. Thank you so much for ALL information from all directions about dreads. Its nice to have lists of pros and cons and be able to make my own decisions and then learn from them. Peace -B-
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
god the ppl here are just so nice..jonny thank u for only telling me 1 side of the story and only screwing up my dreads a lil bitwowheather u impress me

--
Dreaddy D
@dreaddy-d
14 years ago
25 posts
no thanks to johnny cleans dread wax my dream to have amazing dreads were delayed for several years because i tried to dread my hair and i got all types of lint ans shit stuck in my hair and i would wake up with all my dreads sticking together in a big clump on the back of my head it was disgusting!!!!!!!!! i will never use dread wax ever again!!!!!!!
Puff
@puff
14 years ago
29 posts
So you want to go to court,...... :oSE you have always demanded facts from Jonny.

You say thousands of dreads have been lost to wax.

I know a few few cases here, but a 1000? If you would count the dread individually and say a person would have a 50 dreads (which is average when going the backcomb way) you talking a 20 people that cut their dreads specifically because of the wax. There are a large number of people that regret the wax in a big way (including me) but this is loosing the plot big time.

If you want to educate people stop the bashing, it's not needed. You have told me on several accessions that my dreads look plastic, fake, weird. I'm not like you, and your not like me. Are you the King of dreadlocks know it all? Not liking something is one thing, but being insulting is an other.

I like my locks and that's it.

All this negativity is working against the anti wax reasons and the pro natural.

Cheers.
updated by @puff: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
HAHAH its fucking insanity at this point and one biig long publicity stunt for JQ

Personal Jesus said:
:) why wont it die already you guys are just letting maggots feast on the dying horse now, just shoot it already

/ 20

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form