Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

residue free dreadlocks shampoo bar all natural vegan biodegradable review

Akal Sahai
@akal-sahai
14 years ago
39 posts
Alright, so I got my stuff last Friday, and I'm very pleased :)I got the Hippie mama shampoo bar and it smells amazing, also I got the Sands of Morocco shampoo bar and it also smells fabulous. They work really well, lather up like crazy, rinse easily, and honestly they leave my hair really really soft, this I wasn't expecting from only shampoo.It smells/works great on my non-dready childrens hair also :)I got some tea tree oil/orange laundry soap, plus a sample of rock star soap. Both smell great! Very impressed with how well it cleans, and how it leaves the clothes soft without any residues.Laundry soap works great on the cloth diapers too. It's so important to have a non-residue detergent for them so that it won't affect absorbency, as well as no residues to leave funky smell buildups and cause rashes on the skin. All in all, great soaps because they work excellent and smell excellent too.
updated by @akal-sahai: 07/18/15 02:40:24PM
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
I've been in love with the bars from day one... everyone was talking about baking soda and acv, and I was rolling in the awesomeness that is her shampoo bars! The Pomegranate Noir is one of my all-time favorites, and I may ask for a batch of Goji Berry Bliss as well (she sent me some goji berry laundry soap with my last order, and the smell is amazing!!!). My last batch ordered was Honey, Hippie Mama; now, the honey grows on you. I thought it was a bit too floral for my tastes at first, but both my mate and I are now loving the scent. I'm still not too sure about the Hippie Mama, but that's mostly because I'm more into fruity and floral scents than I am woodsy and musky type scents. It still smells awesome, I just don't quite know what to think of it yet/if I could stand it for extended periods of time.Overall, I adore these bars. They've balanced out my itchiness, and are gentle enough that I can wash frequently with them with no worries. They even work wonders on my mate's straight hair! I'm so obsessed with them that I really have to work on budgeting when she starts releasing new scents! Libby's got a customer for life, that's for sure!
dreaded delusion
@dreaded-delusion
14 years ago
84 posts
I love her soap! I've been using the liquid nag champa dread soap for a couple months now. AMAZING. I can't wait to try all the other scents and also try the bars next time. :)
Earthstudios
@earthstudios
14 years ago
108 posts
Had to have a Nag Champa bar, just made my order wow thats awesome :) I'll be back later for different ones :)
recoverytrouble
@recoverytrouble
14 years ago
70 posts
Just checked my po box and surprise!! The parcel smells awesome, though customs had opened it, and I am itchin to go wash so I can test my laundry powder samples. As much as I love how easy the bicarb soda wash is to keep my hair clean, I really miss having a nice aroma. These bars smell so good.I got Karma, Om, and Fizzy Fruit. I wasn't too sure what to order cos I don't know alot about natural products and their scents, but these all seem right up my alley.Thanks Libby, I'll be re-ordering as long as you keep making em :Dp.s. Just an extra plug. After ordering, it took less than 3 weeks to get to Australia. I think after the exchange rate I spent maybe $30 including shipping on 3 bars. Previously, before dreads, I would spend $20 on a single bottle of shampoo from my aunts hair salon cos it was "the best"! Thanks again Libby.
recoverytrouble
@recoverytrouble
14 years ago
70 posts
Sorry to quote myself like a bigshot ;) but I had to add...Now the I've used the shampoo I can agree fully with all the comments made. It rinses so easily, lathers up pretty good, and leaves a subtle scent that has me grbbing a handful of locks periodically throughout the day just to sniff & smile at how good I smell! That's the next day too!

recoverytrouble said:
Just checked my po box and surprise!! The parcel smells awesome, though customs had opened it, and I am itchin to go wash so I can test my laundry powder samples. As much as I love how easy the bicarb soda wash is to keep my hair clean, I really miss having a nice aroma. These bars smell so good. I got Karma, Om, and Fizzy Fruit. I wasn't too sure what to order cos I don't know alot about natural products and their scents, but these all seem right up my alley.Thanks Libby, I'll be re-ordering as long as you keep making em :Dp.s. Just an extra plug. After ordering, it took less than 3 weeks to get to Australia. I think after the exchange rate I spent maybe $30 including shipping on 3 bars. Previously, before dreads, I would spend $20 on a single bottle of shampoo from my aunts hair salon cos it was "the best"! Thanks again Libby.
Raging Roots Amy
@raging-roots-amy
14 years ago
73 posts
I received a bar of Maylee's Garden soap through a barter on Etsy. She sent me the soap, a roller of the Hippie Mama fragrance, and a surprise sample of laundry detergent.I LOVED the laundry detergent. It was great having something that smelled so wonderful to use on my cloth diapers. I ran out way too quickly!I am not usually a perfume/body fragrance kind of girl, but the stuff has really grown on me. :-)I see that a LOT of people on here really love her shampoo bars. I was really wary at first to even try it, afraid of it possibly leaving behind residue. Then, I had a client who wanted me to do some dreadlock maintenance for her. While working on her I noticed she had some white, oily residue near the scalp in a lot of her dreads. So, I asked her what she washed her dreads with and she said she only used Maylee's soaps. From there, I was afraid to use it myself. I LOVE the scent (Lavendar and Cedar), so I've been using it as a body soap. If the residue in the client's hair wasn't enough to warn me away, I've found the same white residue in the bottom of my bath tub after showers and on my daughter's bath toys. I recommended to that client (who also LOVED the scent of her shampoo bars) to save it for special occasions.I feel badly being the ONLY person to say anything negative, but my experience with the soaps has made me VERY hesitant to recommend it. I would be happy to discuss this with anyone else or Libby herself, but I know I don't think I'll be using my bar in my dreads.
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
I just ordered some from her maybe it would be best to use it alternatively with the baking soda rinse?

@Amy don't feel bad for being honest!

Raging Roots Amy
@raging-roots-amy
14 years ago
73 posts
That would certain be one option... to alternate with BS/ACV :-)

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form