Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

have you EVER used ANY dreadheadhq ot knotty boy products?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

it does not come out with shampoo after years of shampooing it does not come out dont u get it?

it also did not dread it cant dread its just glued together

remove the wax and you will see

till the wax is gone its not going to truly dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/23/15 07:04:56PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

exactly ive watched babies with the thinnest finest hair u can get dread up in a couple months if a babies super fine hair will dread so will anyones

--
PowpOwpoW
@powpowpow
13 years ago
9 posts

i started my journey by comb coiling my hair and then smothering each coil in murrays beeswax... it looked and felt horrible but i thought it was necessary, but as soon as i found out the dangers i discontinued the use of it...... luckily for me i only used it twice and thoroughly washed my hair with dish soap to emulsify and remove the wax before i applied it the second time.... wen i used to creep on this site during the beginning stages of my dreads i read that wax buildup is potentially bad so i made an effort to keep it to a minimum (which ended up helping wen i finally decided to give it up completely)

after more research i read that murrays beeswax isnt even beeswax at all, and the absolute worst product to use because the mix of petrolium and some other things added to the beeswax... and the combination of it all makes washing out very difficult... so i did away with it

i switched from murrays beeswax to dreadhedhq wax because I heard it was easier to wash out, and it didnt contain all the bad things that came in the murrays wax... which ended up being true...... it smelled pretty good, but i still didnt like the waxy feel and stiffness of dreads with wax on them so i only used that once before i washed it all out and switched to mango & lime lock gel

in my humble opinion mango & lime lock gel, or plain old aloe vera is the way to go for the twisters and product users out there... the lock gel smells great, is light so doesnt leave buildup, and washes out easy, but still holds the twists at the same time.... you get everything you would get from wax, and at the same time get everything you dont want from wax

just as a sidenote i dont know if its an african american hair texture thing but it is possible to get wax out in the early stages of the dreading process if you do the right things..... and probably later on as well, but i can only speak from my own experience.... when i was a little over 3 months into the process i washed once with sls free dish soap and hot water to emulsify the wax, then washed with mane n tail shampoo directly after to remove both the dish soap and wax together and it worked like a charm... 3 very thorough sessions of that and the wax was gone........ EXCEPT for 3 dreads at the bottom of my neck that i must have missed while washing..... those dreads became very linty and dusty so i cut them off (i should have kept them to take pictures)....

to make sure the rest of my head wouldnt share the fate of those three dreads i cut a piece off one dread from the top of my head, and one from both the left and right sides of my head to dissect them and see if there was any wax in them...... lucky for me they were wax free...... i dont know if it was because they werent fully locked yet that it was so easy to remove the wax, but from that experience i found that too much wax definitely can be detrimental, but if u monitor the usage and practice proper damage control u can minimize the devastation

after a month of no products but natural oils and absolutely no twisting i must say that my roots are the thickest and strongest theyve been since i started my dreads, and i had 2 dreads that were thinning due to too much twisting.... they are now repairing themselves and getting much stronger.....

i consider twisting and going to salons as taking a risk to have uniform dreads as an end result, which is understandable... and i do know plenty of people that twist and use wax and go to salons that still have nice dreads... so at the end of the day do what you want, just nothing in excess and be careful with wax, and everything will be fine

Mary3
@mary3
13 years ago
16 posts
years ago I tried DreadHead HQ shampoo and it was HORRIBLE.. my scalp nearly disintegrated.. I have also tried the KB shampoo bar and it was OK.. not something I would use again... IT was just a little too dehydrating and towards the end of the bar it became like an empty shell.. expensive too.. Dr. Bronner's is BEST :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

bronners is excelent too

but maylesss just smells amazing and feels so good

both are really pure

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

why did u delete that i read what ya posted on yoir profike andwas good info

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
wellll add it again :)

--
Kane Anderson
@kane-anderson
13 years ago
11 posts
I used the knotty boy wax and that sucked cause the ends of my dreads are super solid (which i hate) and the rest is nice a squishy. I also used the dread head accelerator which wasn't too bad but i made 1 just as good with sea salt. gutted i wasted my money
Mary3
@mary3
13 years ago
16 posts
Do you have to order Maylees? I cannot find it locally..

soaring eagle said:

bronners is excelent too

but maylesss just smells amazing and feels so good

both are really pure

Tanner walde
@tanner-walde
13 years ago
4 posts

i have used wax for 2 weeks

/ 6

Dislike 0

Tags