Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

have you EVER used ANY dreadheadhq ot knotty boy products?

ela
@ela
14 years ago
6 posts
just a little ques as yest i was too busy and had to go back to my working stuff ..you mentioned sea salT SPRAY: is that for tightening _ wouldN T it b ITCHY ? or just for the bottom parts :?cheeersx soaringeagle said:
well twist and rip works and looks better the3n backcombing but yea use no products except home made sea salt spray

ela said:
thankZ mR soaringeagle =P then i ll go through them just by back combing nd knotting _no nothinG :?

thanks il get back 2u . .

peace
x

updated by @ela: 07/23/15 08:24:08AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
it does tighten but yes it can irritate the scalp and make u itch..its not necessary at all but helps and u should avoid the scalp only spray the hair and rinse out after a couple hours ela said:
just a little ques as yest i was too busy and had to go back to my working stuff ..

you mentioned sea salT SPRAY: is that for tightening _ wouldN T it b ITCHY ? or just for the bottom parts :?

cheeers

x

soaringeagle said:
well twist and rip works and looks better the3n backcombing but yea use no products except home made sea salt spray

ela said:
thankZ mR soaringeagle =P then i ll go through them just by back combing nd knotting _no nothinG :?

thanks il get back 2u . .

peace
x

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
ela
@ela
14 years ago
6 posts
thanks again mister ! -px
Isaiah Carter
@isaiah-carter
13 years ago
14 posts
When I first started my dreads I used the back combing method and the KB wax. In the midst of that craziness I came across this amazing website and stopped backcombing and using the wax which I didn't like the feel of or smell of at all. But now I'm letting my dreads go naturally and most of them are locking up nice. Im so glad I found this website it's truly one of the most informative helpful things I've come across
erin.
@erin
13 years ago
7 posts

When I got my dreads almost five years ago now, I had hair down to my hipbones. It was thick, fine, and did not dread that easily. I searched around and bought Knotty Boy's dread wax and, being a n00b, used it ALL over my head. Waaaayyyy too much wax at once. My dreads were wiry and small and looked like worms. The wax smelled amazing but the feel of that much of it really sucked; I slept at night with a pillowcase over my head for weeks so I wouldn't ruin my pillows. Wax is wax, so it'll make your head kind of sticky and, well...waxy! After a few weeks I dyed my dreads. The shampoo the dye company provided completely took all the wax out of my hair and my dreads were so fluffy! Mind you, they were fluffy but frizzy and felt like they were coming out in areas. So I went back to the wax. This time, I palm rolled each dread really good and then put a SMALL amount of wax on the areas I felt were weakening. I rolled the wax right into my dread and when I was finished my whole head, I smelled like beeswax and my dreads didn't look like worms; they looked NORMAL! I slept without the pillowcase and I know the wax helped my dreads stay in better. After that I used the wax maybe once a month, in small amounts, focusing on areas that were getting frizzy. I used wax in the 0-3 month stage, and haven't used it since. For first-time dreadheads with hair that's really straight and fine; you might find that wax is a good option for you. Everyone saying how wax is evil are just talking from their personal opinions and that's fine; but don't be put off wax just because everyone (for some reason) hates it. If you've tried it and it ain't for you; don't use it. But Knotty Boy have some really good stuff.

I've also bought their bar and liquid soaps. The liquid soap is the best; it made my hair smell like a candy cane and it made my scalp all cool and tingly! The bar soap did the job I suppose, but it didn't smell at all and was just kind of blah.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

you have a funny way of defining "works" just because they were less frizzy they dreaded way way slower if tghey are even dreaded at all after 5 years

wax holds hair in place as you just said..hair held in place will never dread..it has to be free and able to move to dread so it did the oposite of work

now you have all that wax in your dreads fior years

if yiou remove the wax they will reveryt to dreads that seem only a few months old

and umm how do u know your hair would not dread hair to the hips will dread like crazy no matter what condition unless caked in wax or extremely extremely oily

you are basing it working ion a false perception the illusion it creates by gluing the hair together.. it seems to be dreaded cause its stuck in wax..but it prevents actual dreading

i will buy you wax..if yu do the wax removal and really want to be wzxy again but i gueranteee when u remove the wax u will know the truth whenyour 5 year old dreads are less dreaded thebn most at 5 weeks

thats the reality of wax..yiu dont have dreads..you have hair compressed into wax thsat wuill never dread right

--
Brandon Arnold
@brandon-arnold
13 years ago
184 posts
wax doesn't work. it's like gluing your hair in place.
Natasha
@natasha
13 years ago
12 posts
I'm going to buy residue free shampoo from dreadhead hopefully soon .. Been like month for me. I will let u know how it works out
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

dont

theres way better

--
erin.
@erin
13 years ago
7 posts
Apparently I had wax in my hair for five years. Don't you read? It was in for a few weeks before I took it all out with shampoo. Geez the intolerance in the dread community is really bad eh. I'm down for people who use different methods 'cause (gasp!) all hair is different, but mine needed a little bit of wax. Actually READ my comment above; I'm not trying to change minds of people who've had locs for a long time, I'm trying to offer people with my type of hair some advice, whether they like the wax or not is up to them. I know lots of people with gorgeous locs who've started out using wax and lo and behold, their hair didn't fall out or turn plaid. *shakes head*

/ 6

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form