15 years ago
844 posts
^. LOL. Now THATS where they get ya!
updated by @iain: 07/23/15 08:20:07AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
they should be required by law to put an expiration date on the wax..not for the wax..but for the dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Marianas Trench
@marianas-trench
15 years ago
20 posts
LOL ha, yeah, no joke. I'm going to be trying some of these methods to get my dreads wax-free. If it's the way the you tube videos show, I'm sure I've got a ton of wax in the cores of my dreads, all except a few really tiny dreads. Even if I can;t get all the wx out now, they are short, and so it'll only be those 6 inches that have a little wax, and since it's locked and a year old, I'll keep it as long as possible. Hopefully I won't ever need to clip, but it may happen that I have to. I have some hardcore CUTCO scissors for that if it happens, but I hope and expect that I, and my dreads, will survive. soaringeagle said:
they should be required by law to put an expiration date on the wax..

not for the wax..but for the dreads
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
evenb at a year old u might be surprised that a month after dewaxing they'll be lot more dreaded then u think they are now Marianas Trench said:
LOL ha, yeah, no joke. I'm going to be trying some of these methods to get my dreads wax-free. If it's the way the you tube videos show, I'm sure I've got a ton of wax in the cores of my dreads, all except a few really tiny dreads. Even if I can;t get all the wx out now, they are short, and so it'll only be those 6 inches that have a little wax, and since it's locked and a year old, I'll keep it as long as possible. Hopefully I won't ever need to clip, but it may happen that I have to. I have some hardcore CUTCO scissors for that if it happens, but I hope and expect that I, and my dreads, will survive.

soaringeagle said:
they should be required by law to put an expiration date on the wax..

not for the wax..but for the dreads

--
Greg Slater
@greg-slater
15 years ago
6 posts
Er well SE asked me to post my experience with wax here so here you go, and I'll let you know how the dewaxing goes ha.I've had my dreads for like three years now, originally backcombed and going on the advice of the guy who dreaded my hair, who'd had his for 6 years and another friend of mine I used wax consistently for at least 6 months and then every so often up until maybe last year when I realised how much damage it was actually doing. The wax in some of my dreads had hardened and become heavy enough to really weaken the roots. I've had to cut some of these heavier ends off and the insides are absolutely disgusting. It's almost rock solid in some places and although its obviously been able to dry properly and not moulded, the wax itself has just collected dirt and grime and just turned almost black and sealed up the centre of my hair.I wish I hadn't used wax.Don't use wax is my advice.I'm gonna try ironing out as much of the wax as I can followed by a few baking soda washes and another iron and see how it stands. I'll probably split and end open again to see how it is and if it's improved enough I think I might try just leavin them to recover in a tam (if I can find a big enough one ha)...if not...I dunno.
FoxyFresh
@foxyfresh
15 years ago
105 posts
Awesome some really good info!!! Learn something new everyday lol...THANKS!!
Nikki2
@nikki2
15 years ago
6 posts
Too late): What about me???? i used waxin the begging, mine are 3yrs old now....are they giong to make it??????! u have me all paraniode now):i want to keep them forever,tho one thing is....they grow out sooo?? EVENTUALLY there woudnt be anymore wax.and i havnt used any in a few month
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
well..there will still be wax in the parts u waxed..you should do agressive wax removal over and over till u are fairly sure u got most..but try every method repeatedly..the shits near impossible to ever get out..

--
Greg Slater
@greg-slater
15 years ago
6 posts
This is something I've been wondering myself...I mean like even if we accept those dreads with wax are pretty much lost....if left in a tam and just trimmed a few inches every few months....wouldn't that just leave you with natural (well wax free) dreads...?
Angel
@angel
15 years ago
77 posts
I've always thought that, I mean even if wax was use you would only have wax in the areas applied. I wouldn't think any new growth would have wax, since the scalp don't produce wax but oil.

/ 17

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form