Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Anyone ordered to the UK? Think there could be issue with my order.

Inyan Birkenblut
@inyan-birkenblut
5 years ago
10 posts

So you are probably not going to have the same problem as me, but I still wanted to share how my story went on...
I was as the customhouse this morning to pick the package up, but I was not allowed to. The man said to me, that for any kind of cosmetic products the label has to be written in german (so everyone here can understand the ingredients, etc) and there also have to be safety informations on it (like: Dont drink, or Dont let your kids play with is, Dont get it into your eyes, etc). So I had to unpack everything, got to smell the great smelling shampoo but then had to put everything back in the package and close it again, so it can be sent back to america...
In the UK you wont have this problem, because youre all native english speakers.
Im hoping that I will get a refund or something, otherwise I would have lost about 70$...

FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
5 years ago
414 posts
How did they know it was cosmetics did they open it themselves? Are they allowed to do that?

Vicky sends the packages claiming to be your aunt and as if she is sending you a present to bypass the customs process you need to go through when buying from abroad.

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
Inyan Birkenblut
@inyan-birkenblut
5 years ago
10 posts

I dont know, he asked if it was shampoo and I didnt want to lie to him... And at that point I didnt even know there could be an issue with sending shampoo with the post :D 

Sounds like a good trick... :)
I had to show my paypal receipt to him (had to print it out and bring it with me), so they know I paid for the package... and on there was the name "bucks county soap factory" so I guess thats how he knew that the package wasnt from an aunt abroad...

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

email her at info@dreadlockshampoo.com explain what happened

maybe she can include a german translation  with the extra info in the box, not as a label but  just an info sheet i dunno

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Inyan Birkenblut
@inyan-birkenblut
5 years ago
10 posts

I did thanks. :) 
I'm hoping to get at least the worth of the products refunded, as the shampoos are sent back to her so she could resell them...

An Info sheet wouldnt be enough for the guys at the customhouse... They want a label with a list of ingredients and safety informations printed on in german... Im not sure but I think the reason for them wanting a german label (or at least partly in german) is that I could give the shampoo to someone else who doesnt speak english and this person might think its a drink of some sort and poison himself (although this is highly unlikely in my opinion... I mean who would drink soap...) Than they would be at fault because they let the shampoo get into the country... Germany is really strange in many ways...
I know this is off topic but does anyone know what alternatives there are? Because Im still in need for a shampoo that works with hard water and lets my hair dread...

updated by @inyan-birkenblut: 04/23/19 09:37:37AM
DreadJay
@dreadjay
5 years ago
51 posts

Mine cam through today :) Sooo happy. Thank you to aunt vicky.

DreadJay
@dreadjay
5 years ago
51 posts

@KenBlut that's a bit odd. What about Knotty Boy Dreadlock shampoo bar? That's available on Amazon.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form