Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Shea Moisture shampoo?

Kaepora
@kaepora
5 years ago
11 posts

So I did some research on shampoos, and seen this one was recommended by a few people who had good luck with it .I plan on getting a different brand in the future, but this had to do for now while I wait to have money for a better one lol. Just curious to who uses this and what you guys think. I've used it twice and it's not bad, it makes my hair feel really clean, but it also leaves it feeling very soft once it dries. I also noticed it doesn't leave and smell behind so I see that as a plus. I'm not sure if it leaves a residue. The last wash I did I think I didn't rinse very well because my front bangs that are loose hair felt a little weird for a few hours. Any recommendations welcome! I'd love to try another brand just to see what it's like .

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

that will not let it dread

whats wrong with them smelling great?

most people here highly recommend www.dreadlockshampoo.com you want the liquiid (except for african hair) till mature then bars

the shae moisture might work ok in african hair, with posible residues

if you want a lighter or no scent shampoo theres options from there too but most absolutely love how great they smell

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kaepora
@kaepora
5 years ago
11 posts
I had always thought that smell left behind from shampoo meant that it left a residue, but I would love for them to have a scent besides clean hair smell lol!
I have seen so many recommendations for dreadlocks shampoo all over the internet and I will be getting some of that to try out, especially while they're still so new.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

the only site to ever claim scent = residue  is the same site sellling wax 'butta" and dozens of other residues

scent has to be airborne to be sensed, so any scent.. although could be considered 'residue"  has to be so loosely "attached" to freely drift off the hair constantly.  it won't buuil d up  like the kind of residues you ned to look out for.. its really buildup tht is the concern.

water leaves a residue until it dries.. scent is pretty much evaporating  off you just a lil slower

there is a scentless 1 that some people use but mostly because it wont trigger alergies   (some of them were made specificly for certain peoples individual issues, the scentless 1 was made fo someone alergic to all plant based oils..) 

we used to use the term "jonny logic"  for the way the guy that claims scent is residue thinks// you shoulda been around for the whole 'great wax debate" 

--
Kaepora
@kaepora
5 years ago
11 posts
That actually makes a lot of sense! I didn't think about it that way. That's most likely where I've read it before.

I can only imagine the wax debate! Lol I'd never even consider putting that in them, that would be a sticky disaster. I know some people swear by it, but I've seen their dreads and they don't look too happy nor healthy. 😅
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

wait..still swears byy wax..even now?

have em join here 

back then most waxed dreads only lasted a very short time, people kept cutting 1 set after another till they realized wax was the problem

when you nderstand what wax is  and what its actualy ding you realize its nothing but a scam

they cant dread when wax is in them and u can never get wax out without wax b gone  once its put in

--
Kaepora
@kaepora
5 years ago
11 posts
Yes! There's people out there that despite all my efforts to convince them, still swear by the wax. It's mostly the people who have the really polished looking hair, they aren't really in it for the Long haul so they only care about how they look right this moment and not about the future of their hair.
I'm all about being as real as possible with it, I love the natural look.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

i think even people who don't know much about dreads tend to think the waxy ones look silly

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form