Dreadlocks Forums

Product Advice

Tinklebury
@tinklebury
5 years ago
8 posts

Laugh

Duskwood:

I'd definitely leave your hair alone, let it recover, it might take a while but it's worth it :) Listen to Soaring Eagle, he has a squirrel on his head, all the great sages do.

Duskwood
@duskwood
5 years ago
45 posts

Tinklebury:

Haha Laugh

When I looked the liquids all seem to have ' rosemary & green tea infusion' on the ingredient list..  

I'm struggling to find an affordable sulphite free shampoo in the UK but have found a shampoo bar which isn't specifically for dreads but looks to be similar ingredients to the dreadlockshampoo.com bars.  It's the J.R. Liggett Moisturizing Bar Shampoo and the ingredients are:

Saponified Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Castor Oil and Rice Bran Oil; Mango Butter, Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, Vit. E, Aloe Vera Almond Oil

What are your thoughts on this one until I can afford to order from dreadlockshampoo.com?  Do you think this would be better than the Faith in Nature liquid I am currently using?

You could do what I'm doing right now; I wash my hair with green tea and rosemary, just make a very strong tea, let it cool down, add some sea salt and rinse your hair with that. Then rinse off with cool water. You could also first use saltwater, then rinse with the tea and just leave that in. Soaking could be a good idea for a deep cleanse. The soap you mentioned doesn't seem too bad though, might be worth a try :) Though I don't know about soap, oils are alright from what I've read so far, but soap might get into your dreads?

Tinklebury
@tinklebury
5 years ago
8 posts

I wonder if that would be as effective without the rosemary, as I have to avoid that as it causes our dog to have seizures..

Duskwood:

Tinklebury:

Haha Laugh

When I looked the liquids all seem to have ' rosemary & green tea infusion' on the ingredient list..  

I'm struggling to find an affordable sulphite free shampoo in the UK but have found a shampoo bar which isn't specifically for dreads but looks to be similar ingredients to the dreadlockshampoo.com bars.  It's the J.R. Liggett Moisturizing Bar Shampoo and the ingredients are:

Saponified Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Castor Oil and Rice Bran Oil; Mango Butter, Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, Vit. E, Aloe Vera Almond Oil

What are your thoughts on this one until I can afford to order from dreadlockshampoo.com?  Do you think this would be better than the Faith in Nature liquid I am currently using?

You could do what I'm doing right now; I wash my hair with green tea and rosemary, just make a very strong tea, let it cool down, add some sea salt and rinse your hair with that. Then rinse off with cool water. You could also first use saltwater, then rinse with the tea and just leave that in. Soaking could be a good idea for a deep cleanse. The soap you mentioned doesn't seem too bad though, might be worth a try :) Though I don't know about soap, oils are alright from what I've read so far, but soap might get into your dreads?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

look into the dreadockshampoo bars. but just not the teatree one

heres the sage sweetgrass and cedar 1 as an example

ingredients: saponified oils of organic coconut oil, organic unrefined first press extra virgin olive oil, organic castor bean oil, beer, kaolin clay and organic essential oils.

now i'm not 100% sure that rosemary isnt included in the last "and essential oils"

but i am checking on that now

meanwhile the 'naked' bars about as minimalisticc as it gets, was made for someone who had an alergy to just about all plant based soap ingredients.

Ingredients: saponified oils of organic coconut oil, organic unrefined first press extra virgin olive oil, organic castor bean oil, beer, and china white clay

theres no essential oils at all

have you looked into having your dog treated with homeopathics?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tinklebury
@tinklebury
5 years ago
8 posts

I love the look of the natural ingredients in the bars.  Do you think these would help tame the frizz a bit or might they loosen up my dreads / make the frizz worse in the short term?

We haven't looked into homeopathics for our dog.  We changed his food as the one we used to feed him did have rosemary in it and he has been seizure free ever since so we are hoping we can manage it this way! 🤞

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

ingredients: saponified oils of organic coconut oil, organic unrefined first press extra virgin olive oil, organic castor bean oil, beer, kaolin clay and organic essential oils.

now i'm not 100% sure that rosemary isnt included in the last "and essential oils"

meanwhile the 'naked' bars about as minimalisticc as it gets, was made for someone who had an alergy to just about all plant based soap ingredients.

Ingredients: saponified oils of organic coconut oil, organic unrefined first press extra virgin olive oil, organic castor bean oil, beer, and china white clay

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

i belive theres a new anti itch shampoo coming out and a coule others that may not have rosemary (we can also ask her if she can formulate a naked or similar (rosemary free) liquid

the liquid will make them dread faster  the bars wil still let them dread just not as fast

how were they started

Tinklebury:

I love the look of the natural ingredients in the bars.  Do you think these would help tame the frizz a bit or might they loosen up my dreads / make the frizz worse in the short term?

We haven't looked into homeopathics for our dog.  We changed his food as the one we used to feed him did have rosemary in it and he has been seizure free ever since so we are hoping we can manage it this way! 🤞

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form