Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Vicki's Dreadlock Shampoo

Hunter.Crow
@huntercrow
6 years ago
29 posts

So I know you guys have pretty extensive experience with this shampoo on this website, and I have loved it ever since I got it. But I want to know, how does it lock hair so fast? I have been washing once a week with this stuff and I am starting to wonder if I need to slow down the locking process and condition my hair just a bit. I say this because its been about a week since I last washed my dreads, so I was thinking of washing them today, but they are still feeling light and free of any moisture or oils, except a bit of scalp oil near the roots. Every day I wake up and my dreads feel different, like they are getting tighter and more compact.
Should I think about getting one of the bars soon? I want to make sure my hair is balanced while it locks, I don't need them to lock up super fast if it means I am drying my hair out too much. 

FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts
I use it 3 times a week and never considered stopping.

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
Hunter.Crow
@huntercrow
6 years ago
29 posts

Cool, that's comforting. I see no reason why it would have negative effects looking at the ingredients. I am just astonished at how it accelerated the locking process. Everyone told me it would but I am always a skeptic until I try it myself.

FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts
Yeah it is ridiculously good. My hair has always been pretty greasy that's why I wash so often. Every 2 days is OK but on the 3rd day it's noticably greasy at the roots.

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

its the sea salt that makes it dread so fast but yes can dry the hair out if it feels overly dry and brittle switch to the bar every couple washes

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Hunter.Crow
@huntercrow
6 years ago
29 posts
When I can afford to order some I will. Living that flat-broke, granola munching, rv camping hippy lifestyle. Love the life but it does take a while just to make enough money to buy anything except the necessities like food and water. Throat singing and didgeridoo playing isn't a high paying trade unfortunately.
About those bars, how conditioning are we talking here? Also how do you wash with them? Just kinda suds some up in your hand and then rub that into your scalp? Never used bar soap for my hair before.
Alllllso, SE, can you put a good word in for me at the shampoo shop and maybe I get a little sample of that Goddess liquid shampoo? I am loving the tea tree liquid but I keep seeing that Goddess stuff and the Dragon's Blood and thinking "hm...I wonder what that's like?"
That would be a nice little Christmas present. But don't let me ruin anything if I'm making an unreasonable request. I'd ask them myself but I don't know how.
Oh and what's the best bar scent? I know that's subjective but I'm curious what answer I'll get.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

goddess is very feminine  i like nag champa

its not very condioning just not drying like the liquid

wet hair well wet bar rub all over scalp well then massage it in thouroughly then rinse rinse rinse

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
MegN
@megn
5 years ago
19 posts
I absolutely ADORE this shampoo. The liquid is my favorite. Used it with my first set of dreads. I tried many brands and this was by far superior! I love the dragons blood and nagchampa. 😍 just started a new set and and looking forward to getting more dreadlockshampoo ASAP ❤️❤️❤️
DreadJay
@dreadjay
5 years ago
51 posts

Mines in the post on route to the UK so I'm really looking forward to this. Got a bar, and a liquid. I may order more in a couple of weeks just to stock up to save on the shipping.

FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
5 years ago
414 posts
Just be patient it can take up to 3 weeks.

--
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form