Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Why are dreadsocks bad?

FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts

My hair when it was crocheted and how awful it looked. It really was like having a load of sticks stuck to my head.

hi-everyone (1).jpg

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
Smxke
@smxke
6 years ago
17 posts
@femalepheromones Were they like fully crocheted, as in that's how they started? I started mine with twist and rip and used crochet to bring in stray hairs, but they weren't crocheted super tight or anything, just to get the stray hairs through the correct dreads in areas where 20+ hairs like fell out of it and were constantly going into the wrong dreads halfway through the length of them.

@soaring-eagle (You seem to know a ton about this so sorry for so many sub-questions) How short do you mean by short dreads? My hair before dreading was about 1.5 ft long, and right now they're about a foot long, i want them to be about shoulder length, so 7-8 in I'd assume (from measuring from my shoulder to above my ear) so would those be short enough? Also do you think they'd shorten that much on their own or will I have to trim them? I should have cut them before dreading because this super long hair bs is annoying me (I've had hair past my shoulders for the past like 5 years on and off). I know I'm a bit far from the original question I asked, sorry. But I have some super short dreads I'm really confused about, there are 2 that are on the top of my head that are about 4 inches long and it seems like it just doubled up on itself, but the original length of those hairs were my longest so I don't understand how those are so short and everything else is so long, should I be separating them from themselves as well as from the ones next to them? I knew about the loops and everything, but it seems really excessive on those 2. I'll try to get some pictures if you want them, but it's pretty hard for me to get a steady picture, let alone somewhere I can't even see.
FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts
They were started with crochet but then not crocheted again so I'm not sure how much of a difference there is to starting with TnR and then crocheting as maintenance.

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

the longer hair dreads faster and shrinks more drasticly

shoulder length might lose 1 or 2 inches waist length might lose ..well shrink to 1 or 2 inches

if you want dreads you should wantthem to grow and grow

they shrink the 1st year but then grow..mine started at 4 inches now they are 10 feet.. almost twice the length of my body and no plans to eer trim

if you trimmed before ou started they wuld only dread slower

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form