Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Why are dreadsocks bad?

Smxke
@smxke
6 years ago
17 posts

When I first joined the forum I was told to stop wearing my dreadsock at night, but I'm curious to why? I've looked everywhere I could online but nothing comes up about cons to them. It makes it easier for me to sleep at night but I don't want to damage my dreads, it seems to be just as tight as my Tam so I don't understand why it would be an issue. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

leaving them loose at night is when most dreading happens.  

how long are they just flip them up or use em as a pillow

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Smxke
@smxke
6 years ago
17 posts
They're about 12-15 inches, and the front rows always seems to want to be in front of my face, using them as a pillow makes my head face itch too because of the texture, i also have a silk like pillow I've been using for years so that's what I'm used to feeling.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

refresh my memory were they crochetted?

--
Smxke
@smxke
6 years ago
17 posts
They were last crocheted I think around the beginning of July and we're done once or twice before that as well. But right now they do not look crocheted at all, and they're super frizzy.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

are they stiff at all do they feel scratchy or rough

sometimes I pull my shirt up over my head  leaving the neckhole just above hairline  and dreads coming out the bottom (waist end) ..dont do it all the time but maybe try that on nights the front ones bug ya

--
Smxke
@smxke
6 years ago
17 posts
What do you mean by stiff? Like when I run my fingers through them they all bend and move, none of them stay straight, the texture is a bit scratchy in some places, but it feels about the same as it did when my hair would knot up before I dreaded it.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

crochet dreads tend to be visibly stiff either way too straight, or curling forwards around the face (depends on who maintained them) they don't hang like normal h Echte_dreads_na_2_maandenzijkant.jpg air 

notice how stiff they are they don't hang normally

the scratchiness would be from the broken hairs making them feel like steel wool and itchy

--
Smxke
@smxke
6 years ago
17 posts
I actually like dreads that look stiff, cause when doing different styles with them, like how trippie redd puts his hair up, it actually like sticks up and looks kinda like spikes, and that's about the style I wanted once they mature.
DSC_2016.jpg
DSC_2016.jpg  •  172KB

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

they look like sticks

short dreads will stick up but when they are stiff and look like sticks not hair its really bad

they are way too tight to dread 

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form