Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Shampoo Questions

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

That was my conclusion, plus it's really a good deal. It's a little over a dollar a bar, and seems like it'll be really good...although I have to wait until my soap saver bag has a vacancy, as I still have a bar left, and some other shampoos, but wanted to preemptively ask this question...I mean the CVS also had other shampoos I've had ok results with so far, but they are around $8 which is good to know, but I'm glad that there is a good bar soap as I am wondering, is it better now that my dreads are almost 3 and a half years old that I switch to a bar soap, and if so why is the bar better for mature dreads?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

varies brand to brand for dreadlockshampoo the bars are best when mature the liquid makes  them dread like insanely

i mean 1 wash and congos everywhere and new dreads pop up by the dozens

the bars i almost never separate

with 1 liquid wash they get crazy connected and knotty ..theres a vast diference

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

But on the whole, since mine are mature it's better that I buy bar soaps over the liquid shampoos?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

it completely depends on the shampoo ingredients, not the state they come in

the liquid from dls has sea salt so really makes em dread

the charcoal detox comes in both bar and liquid and both work about the same..

bar or liquid doesn't matter only whats in the bar or liquid

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

ok, good to know. 

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

I have had this shampoo for a while and I keep wondering if it's actually ok for dreads. I mean I have used it a number of times and it hasn't been bad on my hair. I am planning on going to it when my current liquid shampoo runs out, and then go to the bar soap I have but I was just curious about this shampoo so I figured I'd ask, I've included a link to it on Amazon below: 

https://www.amazon.com/Fantasia-IC-Shampoo-100-3-Pack/dp/B004KEOFYO

I mean I don't plan to buy more of this shampoo, after I work through it (I ended up with a large amount of that product). After I work through  the amount of various products I have I am going to look for something new within my local market. First of all I'm going to try the bar soap that started this question when I have used up my current bar soap which is from Rinse (this soap can be found at: http://www.rinsesoap.com/Chocolate-Stout-Soap_p_115.html ) I actually really enjoy the bar soap from Rinse the last time I used it to wash my hair, so I am hoping it will yield the same positve results on my dreads the next time I use it.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

don't  see ingredients on either 1 but the aloe 1 is like washing with pure conditioners

now dreadlockshampoo.com is beer based too (liquid and bar) with the microfine clays that bind to dirts and oils

the beer from what i understand is why it works so well in hard water beer also makes the hair very healthy

without full ingredients on both cant say more though

the beer 1 iss probly safest...without knowing full details

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

The beer one has been fine on my hair when I used it before. Even the aloe one seemed to be ok on my hair the last  time I used it, I was just careful to really rinse it out well, and didn't use a lot because it is concentrated...like i was with the  shampoo I had used that had actual residues in it. That one came out of my hair ok, it just took more time.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

use it often and the roots will stop dreading ..you'll have long loose hairs all over your head thst wont dread

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

The aloe one contains water, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate (which is obviously not too good) Lauramide DEA, Cocoamide DEA, Tricetylmonium Chloride, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), EDTA, Quaternium-15, color Green #5

/ 7

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form