Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Help with smooth silky hair

aussie
@aussie
8 years ago
7 posts
I've been going back and forth between cheap bar soap and baking soda/acv now for about 4 months. I thought maybe by using them my hair would dry out and be more willing to knot up; yet since I've been washing with these, my hair is silkier and softer than ever! What can I do to make it more dry and ratty? I should also mention I am dreading with the neglect method and have used the wool rubbing method a few times throughout this process. Any help is appreciated, thanks!
image.jpg
image.jpg  •  832KB

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

www.dreadlockshampoo.com the liquid not bar

if your using a cheap soap bar they are mostly moisturizers and conditioners

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
aussie
@aussie
8 years ago
7 posts

I've heard mixed reviews on that stuff.. It is also expensive. Also, I've heard cheap bar soap is better to use then name brand bar soap

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

nah look at your tub

you see thaty soap scum ring? no bar soaps are okj in dreads unless made for dreads

now there was 1 and only 1 falsified bad review of that stuff and that was made by a friend of someone who also makes shampoos (whos are so watery you can use a whole bottle and not get a lather or feel like it does anything)

look on this site theres nothing but rave reviews

look in fb groups everyone universaly agrees they are the best

they aren't cheap because they use the best ingredients there are

instead of water the highest quality organic beer possibly the only organic beer made

then theres microifine clays that are used in only the most expensive and prized cosmetics that super clean hair and scalp

then all organic essential oils

you know.. her profit margin is so low ..the cheap crap you buy in stores is sold from manufacturer to wholesaler to retailer ..each step adding 50-60% on

she cant sell to retailers or wholesalers cause she cant take 10% off and still cover costs.. so the wholesaler wouldhave to dopuble that then retailer double that

so if you wernt buying direct from the manufacturer it would be 3 times the cost

look on her site at the reviews ..she publishes every last 1

again theres 1 negative review

guess who from? no not the person who posted the other1 cause her friend made shampoos..no its from the friend that makes the shampoos

now 1 friend of mine did have issues (though she absolutely loved the shampoo and would never give it a bad review) but she has the worse water imaginable so it didn't work too well for her..which she regretted

theres thousands of reviews on this site alone

i would love to see where these mixed reviews are cause i bet ya anything i can already tell you..in fact..i just did

the sources are those 2 people

don't trust me..write her ask for a sample..write your own review

but trust me the crap your using now will not turn out well at all

you do not want soap scum in your hair making it stink

--
aussie
@aussie
8 years ago
7 posts

Thank you for the quick replies! And I haven't noticed any soap scum in my tub but I have been kind of leary about it leaving residue in my hair. I will definitely try to get in touch with the maker of the shampoo, I would love to try to get a sample, I didn't even think of trying that

aussie
@aussie
8 years ago
7 posts

I found one place that made me skeptical about the shampoo you're talking about. It's a site called Raging Roots Studio. If you go to the recommended shampoo list they also have shampoos that are not recommended due to residue build up or other reasons 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

yup i knew that was the place you meant

that's the friend of the other soap maker i said there were 2 that was the 1st i meant..lol

btw a friend had to chop off her dreads after raging roots recommended sulpher for dandruff and made her dreads stink like rotten eggs wich she could never get the stink out

--
aussie
@aussie
8 years ago
7 posts

Ouch! That sucks... It seems like they know what they're talking about at raging roots studio, not sure though. I just picked up a bottle of dr. Bronner's Castile soap today...have you had any experience using it? Also, why do you recommend I stop wool rubbing?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

bronners won't work in hard water areas

so check your water 1st

wool rubbing can create knotty messes but then one day erase 3 months progress

--
aussie
@aussie
8 years ago
7 posts

Ok I will check my water. I still don't see how the wool rubbing will erase progress though

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form