Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Are these natural shampoo's going to be too oily and/or conditioning for dreadlocks?

tandooriflakes
@tandooriflakes
8 years ago
1 posts

As much as I'd love to use the products from dreadlockshampoo.com, it's too pricey with international shipping involved and what not. I did however find a local company here in India that makes natural organic cosmetic products, some of which seem like they could work quite well for dreadlocks. I'm curious to try it out and I may do so depending on what you guys have to say but I'm unsure of some of the ingredients; if it'll condition my hair too much or make them too oily, do you think diluting it could help perhaps?.

I'm interested in the first one the "Olive Neem Shampoo", cause in India lice is quite common, in fact I'm battling them right now (and winning thankfully!) also it's can get crazy humid and if neem can protect from mildew and fungus like it says, that would be great.

What do you think, should I experiment with it or just stay away?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,639 posts

they do look extremely conditioning

you see most shampoos have some form of water as the 1st ingredient (dreadlockshampo.com uses a highest quality organic beer instead of water) these have all conditioning oils as the 1st ingredients ..indian hairs prized for its smooth silkiness and stuff like this would keep it smooth and silky

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
acidburn
@acidburn
8 years ago
96 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

they do look extremely conditioning

you see most shampoos have some form of water as the 1st ingredient (dreadlockshampo.com uses a highest quality organic beer instead of water) these have all conditioning oils as the 1st ingredients ..indian hairs prized for its smooth silkiness and stuff like this would keep it smooth and silky

I just checked my bucks co shampoo and distilled water is the first ingredient.. beer is 4th.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,639 posts

is that the liquid or bar

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
acidburn
@acidburn
8 years ago
96 posts

liquid, the bars first 3 ingredients is oil then beer