Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dread tams, whats best for work?

Jimmy DC
@jimmy-dc
9 years ago
86 posts

Hello my dreadlock comrades, I have been on my neglect journey for almost two years now and I’m still making progress and haven’t quite achieved a head of mature dreads, but at least now it is noticeable that I am doing natural dreads and get a lot of positive feedback from people around me, especially from black women, I look mixed and my hair still has some curly aspect to it, so I always get compliments from older-ish women hahah its awesome. I guess it looks somewhat from the hippie times/ popular hairstyle when they were younger, also some older white women tend to be fascinated by my hair style, I think it has to be the memories. (Sorry if this offends anyone, just my observation coming from a Latino background in which dreads are not particularly appreciated especially among the older generations). However the point of writing this is to ask whether a tam /beanie style hat could be an acceptable way to wear my dreads to work? I have been tying it and I don’t like that because it’s barely long enough as my hair has barely gained any length in the last year or so. I work in a Café and I’m dealing with food all the time, mixing soup on the kitchen, tossing a salad, grilling a panini, etc. My bosses are pretty awesome, the owner is hilarious, the main chef, and deals with catering, she has no filter in general which is great, the pastry chef who is always there is a pretty awesome boss as well she is very knowledgeable and always willing to help with all my/customer questions, and last is my manager who is a really laid back dude, who is a bit adhd but he’s great and very flexible when it comes to work and school and helping out with anything in general. The only issue is that my job is located on the suburbs of Connecticut and it’s rather a wealthy kind of town, it’s an awesome job while in college. But I was wondering if you guys thought a tam would work for my job? I’m planning on talking to my manager and see what he thinks, also any other suggestions are more than welcome, meaning what I should do with my dreads, they are about shoulder length but I can barely tie a ponytail and it looks a bit messy with all the loose hairs.

Last thing, if you guys know any stores that handmade their stuff and are quality material, and solid price please post them or let me know how to get there. Thanks a lot for sticking through the long read 

updated by @jimmy-dc: 03/01/15 02:28:18PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

shops.dreadlockssite.com has a ton

yea it might be an optuion but so could a bandana its up to u

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Pixiestix
@pixiestix
9 years ago
1 posts

I suggest a bandana too from experience, a tam will make you sweat really bad in a kitchen, even if its winter. Your boss has already accepted your dreads when he/she hired you then dont worry so much about the customers. My dreads sound about the same lenght as yours. I sometimes do a french braid, one on each side. They dont braid very far, but it makes it more managable at work and pulls together the loose ends. Braids are really popular right now, so practice some cool braids in your dreads!! ROCK the PIGTAILS!!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form