Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreadlock ROOTS question

K E A Z
@k-e-a-z
14 years ago
58 posts
Hey guys i have question about roots i have couple roots that are coming out wierd shape like loopy and Waveyish. Should i crotchet them straight or let it do it's own thing? Heres some pictures of coupple of my roots below.
Lunapic Photo Editing
updated by @k-e-a-z: 02/14/15 06:38:06AM
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
That's the only way mine have grown, specially right there, I don't think trying to crochet that in particular could even help remotely tho,
K E A Z
@k-e-a-z
14 years ago
58 posts
Alright thanks guys! i just dont want them too come out flat or somthing lol.:x
K E A Z
@k-e-a-z
14 years ago
58 posts
ooo so ill have to roll em or somthing Ouroboros said:
They will get flat before they get round, 'unfortunately' that is part of the journey. :)
Tomasu
@tomasu
14 years ago
66 posts
let them be dude, that little bounce allows it movement and it'll lock before you know it :D K E A Z said:
ooo so ill have to roll em or somthing

Ouroboros said:
They will get flat before they get round, 'unfortunately' that is part of the journey. :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,639 posts
thats a dread baby (backcombed i assume) ceasing to be just backcombed hair and starting to become a dreadcrocetings no good, it will be woven not dreaded (and dammaged ) and lead to em being extremly igh maintenance..dreads know how to dread..allow it dont force it..accept it dont look at it as a problem..its dreading...say...yay

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
K E A Z
@k-e-a-z
14 years ago
58 posts
yay :] soaringeagle said:
thats a dread baby (backcombed i assume) ceasing to be just backcombed hair and starting to become a dread
crocetings no good, it will be woven not dreaded (and dammaged ) and lead to em being extremly igh maintenance..dreads know how to dread..allow it dont force it..accept it dont look at it as a problem..its dreading...say...yay
Emily
@emily
14 years ago
203 posts
i have a bunch like that too, its all good :) let em do their thing
K E A Z
@k-e-a-z
14 years ago
58 posts
oo yay :] dreadyEm said:
i have a bunch like that too, its all good :) let em do their thing
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,639 posts
palm rolings a dumb idea adding aloe is too, its dreading, let it dread.. aloe conditions slowing the process, palm rolling does nothing at all, hat weakensunless you palm roll to the extent of obsessiveness and that weakens dreads..just leave em..theyre fine..you want dreads right? that right there is how dreads dread..why try to change it? or stop it? or think of it as something to fix...see thats why rastavannies dreads look fake.. everytime they began to dread..really dread..he had to intrervene..oh no a loop fix it..oh no a knot..fix it.. oh no roots that dread on theyre own..fix it..absolutely no actual dreading involved, instead..manufacturing..rub roll twist crochet interlkock (eek) make make make..force forfce force..never even stopping a momment to simply allow dreads to be dreads...when you want advice on dreadingdont turn to someone who hasnt taken 1 momment to simply allow dreads to be dreadsif u palm rollled it now, in 15 mninutes it will lpook the same as it does now..youd have to keep at it..over and over and over to do anything at all..and what would u accomplish?destroying the4 natural beauty of te dread..remove every hint of individuality and personality..dammage it too ofcourse..butyour ultimate end would be perfect uniformity control conformity ..a clone..a dread without any hope of ever being noticed in the crowd..you know many people name theyre dreads? why..because each is unique..an individual..worthy of a name..not just a numberrastavany..can you even tell one of yours apart from another?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form