Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Marine clay / clay for dreads?

beckbeck
@beckbeck
11 years ago
32 posts

HI, I did some locs for my friendusingminor back combing and crocheting to pull one hair at atimefrom one side fo the dread through into the middle, just to keep the hair knotted where it is (when I say minor I mean no hair breakage at all, the 'baby dreads' are not tight or anything, just fluffy loose starter locks).
anyway, this is how I started mine that way after having them put in place so I had sections and some starter knots, I let them do their natural thing because I wasn;t able to start from scratch as I had to be ready to look for a new job in a few months- I now have some amazing locs, I have to admit. I never go out anywhere without stares and smiles and people asking me about them (woo natural dreads!)
anyway- my friend is on the road to her hair locking up clean and residue free- but he has a friend in her head telling her to add marine clay and wax to her dreads. I haven't heard of clay before, is it essentially just yet another product people like to say makes dreads lock up faster?

updated by @beckbeck: 01/13/15 09:49:42PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Please stay away from wax, doing it even once can cause long term problems.

A product recommended by Soaring Eagle is Dreadlock Shampoo, handmade by Vicki. Hers have beer and clay added into them and they do make the hair dread faster. I am not sure if there is a difference on what clay types can be used for dreads. Peace

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

stay away from wax and clay theres an exception

theres a tylpe of micro fine clay a few types used in soaps and very expensive cosmetics

www.dreadlockshampoo.com uses these clays and beer to make a superiusr dred soap

the clays flow through the hair with microfine particles that attach to dirt and oils and remove them

so scrubbing only the scalp then rincing gets the whole dread super clean

they are worth usinmg

but cakig the dreads in clay or wax is bad

crochet is bad no mayttter how carefully you do it

have her join here

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

yes these clys used are very specific veey expensive with very unusual properties

they are micro fine ..like a silky texture they dont cake in you hair they flow right through

the Barrellady said:

Please stay away from wax, doing it even once can cause long term problems.

A product recommended by Soaring Eagle is Dreadlock Shampoo, handmade by Vicki. Hers have beer and clay added into them and they do make the hair dread faster. I am not sure if there is a difference on what clay types can be used for dreads. Peace

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

O.O kinda crazy but i want some of that clay...it sound nice

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form