Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

OCD help..lol

Hannah2
@hannah2
11 years ago
8 posts

clean hair knots faster, sodon't worry too much about them, wash regularly and give them loads of tender love!

updated by @hannah2: 07/26/15 04:17:19AM
Sara Gray
@sara-gray
11 years ago
27 posts

YAY!!! i did my first wash with baking soda rinse provided by SE and it worked great, tea tree oil in it as well. followed with the asv and to by surprise they didnt come out..a little loose but hey..its whatever im along for the ride and we will see where they take me..no wax no soap..as natural as possible minus the back combing lol... i guess i will just wrap them while i sleep right? or does that matter? i dont want them to loosen since they are still a little damp but dont want them to mold..ahhh whatever...ill wrap them peace and love, God above

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

no leave em loose dont wrap em especialy not when damp!

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

Leave them loose. The ones you sleep on will actually dread first.

peace

melanie rose
@melanie-rose
11 years ago
177 posts
Don't sleep on wet dreads!
Sara Gray
@sara-gray
11 years ago
27 posts

too late :(lol they got all kinked up and now have zig zags. i wrapped them but it back fired. no more wet dread sleeping or wrapping thanks guys

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

kinked up isnt an issue woirth worrying bout...mold is your lucky u didnt wake up stinking

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sara Gray
@sara-gray
11 years ago
27 posts
Lol, Very Lucky Not again. Messy UnRuley All The Way
steven5
@steven5
11 years ago
10 posts

yeah I agree. I'm not advocating actually using Irish spring junk for your hair or body, I was just trying to explain that a "no residue" type soap has always worked best for me. I use black soap which also has a feeling of no moisturizers left behind. It may just be a personal preference, but hey whatever works for each individual is best.

steven5
@steven5
11 years ago
10 posts

When I first started my dreads I didn't wash them for two weeks or so and wore a tam every day for that period. I'm not going to lie, I also used a small amount of bees wax, which I've come to realize is pretty taboo on this site, but hey it worked for me. I didn't do any sort of aggressive rolling or twisting - just let it do it's thing. After that first two week period I started washing my hair 3-4 times a week with black soap, which obviously helps them lock up by getting rid of lubricating oils and that dreaded wax (pun intended). I haven't added any more wax for over seven years, and they seem to be happy and healthy. I'm just recommending what worked for me personally, not advocating any sort of "best" method. Maybe I would have been better off without the wax, but I suppose I'll never know.

soaring eagle said:

and why would u recomend not washing or waiting to wash when washing is the 1 thing that helps dreads rdread the most

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form