Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

would wraps help?

Bug
@bug
11 years ago
43 posts

i have a salt water spray i was using daily for that reason. don't know bout the swimming... mainly becuase i can't swim >_< but we'll see. :)

updated by @bug: 07/22/15 12:09:49PM
Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
Mine are at about 16 months and I still have tons of loose hair. It even seems that over the last couple weeks there's more than there used to be, especially on the left side by my forehead. You could try putting a heavy-ish bead over a dread with some of the local loose hairs added in, that may help get the roots tangles up a bit. I had combed out all the tiny dreads at my hairline on my neck. It took almost a year for any of that hair to knot up a bit. I still have more loose hair than dreaded hair in that area. I've thought about sectioning it and wrapping/beading it to encourage more knots, but I can't seem to find the right sections. So I'll let it do it's thing. It's a new lesson in patience.Personally, think you show great progress for 7 months. They're unruly teenagers right now, all leggy and funky. They look amazing. You're not doing anything wrong, your hair is just taking it's own sweet time.
Kelsey Cliche!
@kelsey-cliche
11 years ago
122 posts
Your hair looks great at 7 months! Much faster than me! I'm at 13 months and my hair is taking a long time to dread underneath. For me, switching up my shampoo & putting beads on the loose sections is encouraging knotting. I was doing BS/acv, but Trader Joes tea tree tingle + ACV rinse is working the best for my hair and water type. I've also found that gently backcombing near the top of the section before putting a bead on helps speed it along. Some would say that puts you back at day one, but it's worked for stubborn ones to at least start a loop. It's different for everyone. :) Good luck!
Bug
@bug
11 years ago
43 posts

i guess i got a little spoiled looking at some of the timeline journeys on here where at 6 to 8 months they looked like nearly mature dreads and thinking well that how my should look too. if you all say i'm doing fine then i guess i just need to sit back and work on my patience...again... thanks everyone!

Sweet,
@sweet
11 years ago
133 posts

Hellooooo - its Sweet been TRYING to get through by inbox and you other 'Bug's Dreadline" I havn't been able to reply to your inbox as thers smthing wrong and i just can't reponds to messages, frustrating!!! Yes i am so interested on how you r going, have read your lastest in 'would wraps help' your concerns with how your hair is dreading especially your hairline r normal, it really takes a couple of years when it looks like good mature dreads. You will get there, you may have to do some separation at this stage as smtimes the whole lot could congo! You said smthing about a video link, yes i would love to see it but i'll have to find it first and hopefully i can get back to you, if i don't its because i CAN'T get through smhow? Don't know if it's me or the site, I've talked to Soaring Eagle about it and it seems like the problem is comming from my end - not the site. My dreads r awfully thin - yuk!! not like what i expected either, i was proud to have 22 dreads, but now only have about 14!! Another idea maybe for your thin hair around the hairline if you don't want wraps just get some embroidery thread and wrap it or either criss cross it down each dread, you could change colours etc :) would make it less clumpy and then the hair is still open to the elements.

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Yep, using embroidery thread is dread wrapping. By using the criss cross method, it still allows the sections to be loose enough to dread, and loose enough to dry properly. You can join two sections together by using this method. Just don't do them too tightly, but tight enough to say in.

Peace

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form