Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

would wraps help?

Bug
@bug
11 years ago
43 posts

Ok so later tonight i'll be post my 7th month pic in my dread line. As it'll show i've had little to no change in my locks since month 4. i still have a layer of hair (under the layer that at lest started to dread) that hasn't locked up at all. I was wondering if i put some hemp wraps on these loose chunks of hair for awhile would that help get them started at all? or have the opposite affect? I tried twist and ripping one section to see if that would get a knot started but my have is fine and silky enough it feel out in two days. i also have some super tiny dreads i would like to have congo together as they don't seen to be thickening at all.. would wrapping them together for a few weeks get them started? I'm happy i have something started but i just have to be doing something wrong to have to little progress here and 7 months in i had hope for something more resembling dreads then messy half matted hair. i'm starting to get very frustrated and thinking with my hair type i just simply can not not have dreads.

updated by @bug: 02/14/15 08:12:25AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

by underneath u mean the hairline that will be the very lkast to dread and min-=ght not dread till after the year mark ..possibly longer

thin dreads wioll congo if u dont wseperate

wraps might help but do u want a dozen wraps all round the hairline/ just leave it be it will dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Bug
@bug
11 years ago
43 posts

i did stop separating those little dreads over a month ago. yeah the loose hair is the hair around the hairline all around my head, but it's a lot of hair, and the hair that did start dreading, it hasn't changed in 3 months. i have crazy whilrs at the bottom and may an inch of actual dreaded hair then the strands are loose to my scalp. i've already resigned myself to being a year and a half to two years to get mature dreads, but still seems like they should be dreading up thicker and faster then they are. at 7 months most people on here have something that actually looks like dreadlocks. i understand that i have to be doing something wrong, just wish i knew what.

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Hi Bug, look up Heather's page, she also had a very long journey, some people just do, others dread extremely fast. You can't notice changes, but your hair is doing something. If you use embroidery thread using the criss cross wrapping, then your hair will be loose enough to still dread. Join smaller ones together this way if they are side by side at the scalp. The only other thing is to make sure you are not using any conditioners or too many drops essential oils. Hang in there, dreads will come

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

ixchelle didnt get ger 1sr t tangle till 9 months in

the hairlines gonna dread last no matter what

congos generly take 3 months to combine solidly

your doing just fine but lets see pics

Bug said:

i did stop separating those little dreads over a month ago. yeah the loose hair is the hair around the hairline all around my head, but it's a lot of hair, and the hair that did start dreading, it hasn't changed in 3 months. i have crazy whilrs at the bottom and may an inch of actual dreaded hair then the strands are loose to my scalp. i've already resigned myself to being a year and a half to two years to get mature dreads, but still seems like they should be dreading up thicker and faster then they are. at 7 months most people on here have something that actually looks like dreadlocks. i understand that i have to be doing something wrong, just wish i knew what.

--
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Adding beads seems to encourage knotting also. You can join two smaller dreads together this way too.

Bug
@bug
11 years ago
43 posts

here is 7 months plus a pic of the loose hairs. also posting the pic in my dreadline that also has a link to a video i did at six months. and a pic here of the loose hairs i'm talking about.

soaring eagle said:

your doing just fine but lets see pics

updated by @bug: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

what are u washin with how are u dryin they look great to me but have a few months to go still

--
Bug
@bug
11 years ago
43 posts

BS wash once a week no ACV becuase i have hard water and oily prone hair and when i tried they would come out flimy. i mix up just slightly lest then 1/4 cup of BS in a 24 once bottle with a squeeze top and 3 drops each tea tree, rosemary, and citronella. twice a week i use a spray bottle to spray in my salt water mix. i was use the salt water ever day but wash day, but my hair is finally adjusting to work so i think i can start skipping days and go down to two. as of bout 3 weeks ago it thicken up enoguh to where i didn't need to bun it i could put it in a ponytain and pull ti half way back through to make a loose loop. so the dreads are gettign to wiggle and move a little during work now.

Daydreamer
@daydreamer
11 years ago
47 posts

Try to go swimming? Idk. with me it seemed as if my hair was taking forever but I love the water and all the cholrine from swimming pools seemed to embrace "knottage". The only thing is you HAVE TO soak your locs in tap water before you put them in the chlorine or it'll shock and fry your them. or better.. if you have access to a beach. Salt water will help loadddddsssss.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form