Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What the hell is in my hair?

James Colby Justice
@james-colby-justice
11 years ago
75 posts

I would recommend switching to baking soda and ACV long with tea tree oil. It's easy and effective.

updated by @james-colby-justice: 07/23/15 05:15:42PM
Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
It could be left over shampoo. Try just lathering up your scalp then rinse until you don't think you could possibly tolerate being in the water anymore.
«arrows_of_the_rainbow☼
@arrows-of-the-rainbow
11 years ago
75 posts

hmm I don't know about little white feathers, but I have mini white chunks on my scalp and I use bucks county tea tree bars (not necessarily in my hair unless it's fallen out of my scalp). Like Mons said, you (and I!) probably need to wash out the shampoo better.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

do u sleep on a feather pillow? i did while and had enough feathers to be able to fly

when u use the bars scrub em only on the scalp tho

but to nme sounds like a feather pillow issue or down comforter or jacket

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ixchel
@ixchel
11 years ago
597 posts

yeah one of my pillows & blankets sheds feathers like crazy, i double pillowcase the pillow, & just deal with picking all the feathers out if i use the blanket lol.

Sunflower
@sunflower
11 years ago
95 posts

No it's not from my pillow.. but it might actually be a mix of my blanket and left over shampoo. I only rinsed my hair today and completely soaked my hair, most of the white is now gone, I'll rinse again tomorrow and see if the rest is gone, so it was left overs which sucks that it happens! So only on my scalp got ya. I'll change from my fluffy blanket to a normal one and not put the shampoo onto the dreads :) thanks everyone I was a bit worried about it though I love the bars :)

Ixchel
@ixchel
11 years ago
597 posts

that's what i was just thinking, maybe the bar is building up residue on some sort of fuzz or feather so it's more a combo of things in there atm. glad to know a lot has left, hope it all clears up for you!

Sunflower said:

No it's not from my pillow.. but it might actually be a mix of my blanket and left over shampoo. I only rinsed my hair today and completely soaked my hair, most of the white is now gone, I'll rinse again tomorrow and see if the rest is gone, so it was left overs which sucks that it happens! So only on my scalp got ya. I'll change from my fluffy blanket to a normal one and not put the shampoo onto the dreads :) thanks everyone I was a bit worried about it though I love the bars :)

Heather Hammers
@heather-hammers
11 years ago
1 posts

I guess it depends on the consistency of the "white stuff" ? If it's like powdery could be residue. If it is larger particles maybe could be lint.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form