Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

interlocking dreadlocks what it is and why its not recomended ever

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
stop interlocking or they can break off all u got to do is wash and seperatelocks are gonna be bumpy thats how they are but interlocking causes week spots where it was done so just dont do it ever again and be very gentle on them so they dont break helen r said:
i finally made the decision to lock when i saw a woman with interlocked hair. I like sport and do it several times a week and so i need to wash my hair often. i think twisted hair looks and feels nicer but i can't go weeks without washing my hair. i'm not 100% happy with interlocking because my hair feels and looks bumpy

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/23/15 02:32:00AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
interlocking is not proper years ago it was called root flipping till root flipping started causing dreads to fall off so salons changed the name to interlocking now that interlocking known to cause em to break they again changed it to loopingthey say never tie a knot to fix a weak spot cause it will cause it to break there well interlocking is just the same they are weak spots theres no right way to interlock it never should be done..at all.. even jonny clean who recomends the worse things in the world for dreads now says dont interlock and he recomends felting to fix things that go awayy on theyre own and felting breaks every single hair and they fall off..if jonny recomends u dont do something then u know its gotta be the worse thing u can do cause he routinely recomends very bad things..just stop it and u will see how much stronger and happier they will be but unfortunately the weak spots u got now cant be fixed all u can do is hope they dont breakthe damage done cant be undone

--
tthomas
@tthomas
14 years ago
2 posts
I've only been locking since Match 2010 which I've been told I have baby locs or teenage locs now. I've been thru 3 different stylists, from using gel, wax, and interlocked once. I'm glad to have came across this ad as I was about to get my roots tightened by interlocking. I have about a good inch or more or new growth and need to know how I can really maintain it without it sticking up all over? Now I'm trying to figure out how to actually allow my hair to dread and keep it maintained for my new health care job. I appreciate your advice.
shine166
@shine166
14 years ago
18 posts
Mate, wish I new you when I started 6/7 years ago coz my hair would be a lot better. If I stop using this method will my hair lock like normal ?If i find the answer belo I will delete this question
shine166
@shine166
14 years ago
18 posts
I must add, ive used this root flip method for 7 years and never lost a dread. My hair is naturally so strait that, this method was the only option (most of my locks dread on there own)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
u said it was your only option? who the hell lied to u and told u that? u then said your dreads dread on theyre own so natural would also have been an option so would twists or twist and rip (depending on race)interlocking is the worse method and your lucky to have not lost a dreadif your african your hairs lil more forgiving so can survive it easier but still not a good ideayea just stop it its totaly not needed does nothing good and your dreads will be alot stronger without shine166 said:
I must add, ive used this root flip method for 7 years and never lost a dread. My hair is naturally so strait that, this method was the only option (most of my locks dread on there own)

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
you have baby dreads they are doing exactly as they should be 1 inch undreaded is normal! and in fact nesacary! as they mature that will most likely reduce to 1/2 inch which will always be there and needs to be there to dreadall u need to do for your job is tie em back neatly or put in a bun..thats alland since u waxed u neeeeed to get that wax out..all stylists will screw u and rip u offwe have 2 new wax removers u can trysee the links in the menuthe interlocking theres no way to fix u can only avoid adding more weak spotsglad u joined usyour dreads will progress perfectly when u stop interfering in the progressjust seperate and wash thats really all u need tthomas said:
I've only been locking since Match 2010 which I've been told I have baby locs or teenage locs now. I've been thru 3 different stylists, from using gel, wax, and interlocked once. I'm glad to have came across this ad as I was about to get my roots tightened by interlocking. I have about a good inch or more or new growth and need to know how I can really maintain it without it sticking up all over? Now I'm trying to figure out how to actually allow my hair to dread and keep it maintained for my new health care job. I appreciate your advice.

--
shine166
@shine166
14 years ago
18 posts
Mate as I said before ive had very limited input over the years from anyone who new what they were doing, 'only option' is a figure of speech.... Im learning now which may be 7 years too late. But at least im willing to learn the propper methods :) soaringeagle said:
u said it was your only option? who the hell lied to u and told u that? u then said your dreads dread on theyre own so natural would also have been an option so would twists or twist and rip (depending on race)
interlocking is the worse method and your lucky to have not lost a dread
if your african your hairs lil more forgiving so can survive it easier but still not a good idea

yea just stop it its totaly not needed does nothing good and your dreads will be alot stronger without

shine166 said:
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
thats the story all too often salons especialy prey on the misinformed shine166 said:
Mate as I said before ive had very limited input over the years from anyone who new what they were doing, 'only option' is a figure of speech.... Im learning now which may be 7 years too late. But at least im willing to learn the propper methods :)

soaringeagle said:
u said it was your only option? who the hell lied to u and told u that? u then said your dreads dread on theyre own so natural would also have been an option so would twists or twist and rip (depending on race)
interlocking is the worse method and your lucky to have not lost a dread
if your african your hairs lil more forgiving so can survive it easier but still not a good idea

yea just stop it its totaly not needed does nothing good and your dreads will be alot stronger without

shine166 said:

--
shine166
@shine166
14 years ago
18 posts
TBH that sounds about right mate, il admit I got briefly sucked into tyhe whole wax thing.. not for long theough.... and that hair is long gone. Is it too late to go natural ? The only info given so far from another forum is 'cut em' and after 7 years thats not something to be taken lightly for me

/ 16

Dislike 6

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form