Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My dreads are dreading together at the roots

Denova
@denova
12 years ago
9 posts

So, I started my dreads about a month ago and they are coming along just fine. I have beads in my hair to keep the strands separated, but the only issue is that the roots are not staying separated. The roots of all my separate strands are dreading together and they are very hard to separate. Is this alright? As my hair grows should I just keep pulling the strands apart to make sure the roots separate? I'm dreading my hair the natural way and my initial separating before the beads was not especially clean-cut.

updated by @denova: 01/13/15 09:39:41PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

u shouldnt have seperartesd and added beads u should have allowed it to section itself then added beads to those sections or better yet let it start to dread then asdd beads
you should seperate often but the roots will be a mesh watch babas vids on seperation
id take the beads out let the hair resection itself where it wants then add them back when its dreading up

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Denova
@denova
12 years ago
9 posts

My hair already IS dreading up, there's no way that I can take the beads out and let it resection now. I separated and added the beads in the first place because my hair was not sectioning on it's own, it was turning into one enormous matted mess in the back of my head. I will watch the video :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form