Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Am I going about this the wrong way?

redheadedndreaded
@redheadedndreaded
12 years ago
4 posts

Im in need of some help...I think.lol I have 3 dreads that I made 3 weeks ago,Iam only able todo a fewthat can be well hidden because of work. I did the rip and tear method, maintance wise Ive been washing my whole head every other day with shampoo and trying my best not to get conditioner in the dreads, and rinsing them out very well if I do. Ive also been rolling them between my palms vigirously from root to tip 2 times a day and I think Ive seen some changes, it might just all be wishful thinking though.

They are staying together pretty well, I think. The tips seem to have loosen up a bit but not drastically. The roots on the other hand are loose, like theres a 4 inch gap between my scalp and the dread formation. I tried my hardest to get the roots tighter as I was dreading them up but for whatever reason I couldnt manage it. They also have a fuzzy look to them because of all the little erant hairs that are seemingly continuing to pop out of the dread, I dont know if thats normal baby dread growth or if my hair just hates me and Im an idiot.

Any insight on my journey to full fledged dreads would be amazing! Im new to this whole experience and I just dont want to start out on the wrong foot and have to start over or ruin this experience that Ive been wanting to try for so long!

Thanks!

updated by @redheadedndreaded: 01/13/15 09:39:39PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

stop the palm rolling all that will do is weaken them
just leave em alone and you can dread yoir whole head your job legaly cant stop you

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the roots and tips should be loose and wuill be for a long time

leave em alone

stop rollingthem

wash your whole head with a dread shampoo stop conditioning

or wash with the bs/acv

but stop using regular shampoos and \conditioners

--
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Stop palm rolling them. http://www.dreadlockssite.com/video/why-not-to-palm-roll . This is what only 2 weeks of palm rolling will do to your locks down the line. It destroys them. If you do it for a while, it can destroy them to the point of no return.

As for your roots, baby locks should always have a few inches of straight hair between the lock and scalp. Locks are babies for a long time. It can take, on average, a full year for locks to mature.

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
12 years ago
1,302 posts

Hi. I also did T&R, it needs to loosen in order to dread. It is natural for everyone to have the fuzzies at the beginning. Don't worry, they will calm down, it is just a short stage they go through.

Please listen to Baba Fats ( his video is an eye opener, you should watch it) & SE about palm rolling & the cleaning of hair. Regular shampoo will buildup within your few dreads, not a good thing. The dreaducation tab at the top is extremely informative, everything you need to know about care etc. Enjoy your journey

redheadedndreaded
@redheadedndreaded
12 years ago
4 posts

thanks everyone for the info, turns out I am going about this the wrong way! much appreciated!

redheadedndreaded
@redheadedndreaded
12 years ago
4 posts

ok one more question. Should I do the bc/acv thing with my whole head? Or just my dreads?Im already naturally prone to frizzy hair being a redhead and Im afraid that the mixture will just enhance the frizzy.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

whi=ole head and if it does it will just help the rest dread

u can try the www.dreadlockshampoo.com shampoos instead if u want

--
redheadedndreaded
@redheadedndreaded
12 years ago
4 posts

thanks once again! I think I will try the bc/acv mix first because I have all the ingredients at home!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form