Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
Joey mipanyarack
@joey-mipanyarack
12 years ago
80 posts
Wow this sounds just like me. I hate the feeling of not being in control. I know for me it comes from my mom passing away at only 39 and having my father have encephalitis of the brain the very next year and forget who I was. I was only 23 at the time. Mainly why I became a nurse. Not trying to make this a sob story but it's always been hard for me to not be in control of things since then. This site is like my AA lol. Everytime I get the urge to "fix" my hair I come on here.
Skye2
@skye2
12 years ago
17 posts

My biggest issue is wanting to put my hair up in a bun/ponytail. It is just so damn long and the change in season is making my hair full of static electricity. So, I guess my biggest maintence battle is trying to break the habit of throwing my hair up.

Joey mipanyarack
@joey-mipanyarack
12 years ago
80 posts
Thank you very Marc. Definitely a lotta love on here
BlasphemyBlack
@blasphemyblack
12 years ago
35 posts

i kinda relate tho my problem was dyeing my hair,

where i have the bright colours in my hair i was topping up the colour twice a week at one point, making uber sure that the colour waas solid and bright as i hate the look of poorly dyed hair, if ur gona do it - do it right

think i kinda got a complex about it, bit of an addiction to having perfect hair. i love my crazily coloured hair, its a part of me as much as my dreads are now!!

, but since i started my dreads and i dont condition my hair anymore my colour lasts so much longer i dont have to re dye for the best part of a month.

for me the 'letting go' of having dreads has shown me that i can have 'my' hair but not have to panic about it!!

i used to dye the rest of my hair black and now ive got a good 3 inches of root, the last time i dyed it ws jus before i TnRd my dreads in, so itskind of its own time line!!!

let yourself be addicted to the beauty of what your hair can do on its own!! its amazing!

Logan Arehart
@logan-arehart
12 years ago
13 posts

Oh man, Im glad there's more than just me who have habits! xD I have a terrible habit of putting on beanies, I have so many of them and I did this before my journey as well, But I recently told myself I'd probably have some more progress If I just let my hair loose and breathe a bit! But I'm glad there's others with habits that we all can get rid of with a little bitta love from one another:) So put all my hats in a box and I have one tam at my bedside that I'll use occasionally at night, but for now on, these suckers are gonna fly!

Peace and love all!

Skye2
@skye2
12 years ago
17 posts

Whoa I'm sorry to hear that Joey. I'm proud you took such anegative circumstances and turned it into somepositive by helping people in the medical field. This site isdefinitelyfull of love and support that is actually why I came here to feel not so alone.

Joey mipanyarack said:

Wow this sounds just like me. I hate the feeling of not being in control. I know for me it comes from my mom passing away at only 39 and having my father have encephalitis of the brain the very next year and forget who I was. I was only 23 at the time. Mainly why I became a nurse. Not trying to make this a sob story but it's always been hard for me to not be in control of things since then. This site is like my AA lol. Everytime I get the urge to "fix" my hair I come on here.
Joey mipanyarack
@joey-mipanyarack
12 years ago
80 posts
Thanks Skye. I will always remember the nurses and doctors who where good to my mom and my family. It's crazy how some are not caring at all and some are the most compassionate people you will ever meet. If only everyone was as caring as the people here.
Skye2
@skye2
12 years ago
17 posts

I know exactly what you mean I've met plenty that never even look you in the eyes and others that touch your soul. Regardless their attitude in some degree does affect your health.

Joey mipanyarack said:

Thanks Skye. I will always remember the nurses and doctors who where good to my mom and my family. It's crazy how some are not caring at all and some are the most compassionate people you will ever meet. If only everyone was as caring as the people here.

updated by @skye2: 07/23/15 06:33:06PM
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts

Amanda, I'm the same way. My fingers are constantly in my hair. I believe that's why some of my combed out parts haven't re-knotted. Every time I start playing with these parts, I hear SE saying 'touching your hair prevents it from knotting' It helps, a little. I'm trying to make a concious effort not to touch. It's not working very well tho lol

CoriElaine
@corielaine
12 years ago
173 posts

I'll admit, I re-TnR my tips sometimes, okay sorta often, when I'm bored in class.. Do you think I'm hurting them?? :/

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form