Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

BS/ACV wash

k money
@k-money
12 years ago
114 posts

i have been using this wash for the past 3 months or so and my hair is so dry. idk if its normal to be this dry. i mix 3 tbsp BS in 1 quart water, leave on for 10 minutes. then rinse with 1 tbsp ACV in 2 cups of water. am i doing something wrong? I dont mind my hair being this dry, i just dont want topermanentlydamage it, so if anyone has any advice that would be great.

updated by @k-money: 01/13/15 09:38:38PM
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
Do you normally have dry hair? How is your scalp feeling? Is it super flaky and itchy? And finally, how often are you washing?
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Are you rinsing all of the BS out well before you rinse with ACV? That might be causing the problem. You should never mix the 2

k money
@k-money
12 years ago
114 posts

i wash 3 times a week, and my scalp is great. its just the hair.

Mons said:

Do you normally have dry hair? How is your scalp feeling? Is it super flaky and itchy? And finally, how often are you washing?
k money
@k-money
12 years ago
114 posts

this might be the problem, i was pouring the ACV on over the BS after the 10 minutes. then i was washing them out together.

Baba Fats said:

Are you rinsing all of the BS out well before you rinse with ACV? That might be causing the problem. You should never mix the 2

Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts

Yeah, do the 2 separate. And rinse really really well. When you think you've rinsed enough, rinse a lot more.

Do you use any essential oils? A few drops of jojoba oil might be good.

k money
@k-money
12 years ago
114 posts

i have rosemary, eucalyptus, and lavender oil, and use about 3 drops of each. but ive never used jojoba. what does jojoba do?

Mons said:

Yeah, do the 2 separate. And rinse really really well. When you think you've rinsed enough, rinse a lot more.

Do you use any essential oils? A few drops of jojoba oil might be good.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form