Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Get new dreads thinner after some months?

Slak
@slak
12 years ago
2 posts

hey guys!

i got ma ropes 2 weeks ago, now i treat them with a crochet.

but i think some of them are a little bit too fat, so do they get thinner after some months ?

peace,

slak

updated by @slak: 01/13/15 09:38:28PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

crochet is pure destruction

if they are tioo fat when u crochet then they really screwed up cause cri[ochet makes them 1/3 as thick as a healthy dread should be

you probly need to start over

and never ever ever crochet your dreads not even once

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Slak
@slak
12 years ago
2 posts

start over ?

updated by @slak: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

wow haha umm

yea i would i just hope the felting needle didnt totake ruin your hair too much

those look kinda comical dont they?

(i dont mean to laugh forgive me)

if you do start over be extremely gentle when combing them out then i would highly recomend yiu go natural if nit then tnr dont backcomb and never use any tookks on them!

--
Castaway J
@castaway-j
12 years ago
585 posts

oh man, i would start over if i were you bro. i hope your scalp isnt being pullled on or anthing like that. plus your sections look like they are way to big, unleess you want to have super fats then thats cool. the hooks and needles only break your hair and make your locks weak. Check out my progress over the last year, going natural does take time but having super healthy dreads is worth it, plus you get to see them grow over time. if you dont want to wait thats fine theres a quicker way, twist and rip. Try this instead of the crocet needle that breaks hairs. just grab a section like your about to braid it, but randomize how much each braid or rip will be when you pull and tighten them to create knots. i hope your hairs alright :)

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

it does look like those would be super fat once they fill out (the section size is how big the dreads become), & since you are looking for thinning ones your best bet would be start over. probably do TNR or natural when you restart (least damage, since the crochet has already done a number). if you do want to keep them look for babas discussion on how to care for fat locks, they require some special attention.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

actualy they were attacked with felting needle not crochet hook so the damage is .way beyond just crochet damage

--
Castaway J
@castaway-j
12 years ago
585 posts

oh snap...no pun intended...

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form