Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How does everyone wash their dreads with diluted Dr Bronners?

joe smith
@joe-smith
12 years ago
11 posts

just wondering how everyone washes their dreads with Dr Bronners :)

updated by @joe-smith: 01/13/15 09:38:10PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I get a second empty bottle. Then add a small amount of Dr. B's and fill the rest with water. It should be anywhere between a 1:12 to 1:40 mixture of Dr. B's to water. As you'd imagine, you don't need much of the soap. The you can pour some on your scalp and scrub. It won't lather up like normal shampoo does, but your don't need it to.

Don't worry about your locks, themselves. Just scrub your scalp. As your rinse it out, it will wash through your hair and clean it that way

joe smith
@joe-smith
12 years ago
11 posts

thanks. i take the lid off the Dr.B's bottle and put 12 lidfulls of water in an container and then put 1 lidfull of Dr.B's in the container. is this good?

Baba Fats said:

I get a second empty bottle. Then add a small amount of Dr. B's and fill the rest with water. It should be anywhere between a 1:12 to 1:40 mixture of Dr. B's to water. As you'd imagine, you don't need much of the soap. The you can pour some on your scalp and scrub. It won't lather up like normal shampoo does, but your don't need it to.

Don't worry about your locks, themselves. Just scrub your scalp. As your rinse it out, it will wash through your hair and clean it that way

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

If you get enough lather, it should be fine. I'd like to use a bit more soap than that, so maybe double your recipe

calipark
@calipark
12 years ago
54 posts

i don't recommend this in hard water... at all. your hair will look like a wet soapy mop and pretty oily. still very hard to wash out anyways. it'll leave residue in your hair for a while. try the baking soda recipes on here or good non-residue shampoo like dreadlockshampoo.

updated by @calipark: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Thanks Calipark. I should have specified that too

joe smith
@joe-smith
12 years ago
11 posts

so double the water and double he Dr.B's?

Baba Fats said:

If you get enough lather, it should be fine. I'd like to use a bit more soap than that, so maybe double your recipe

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Yeah

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form