Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Giant Nest'o'Hair

Alicia S
@alicia-s
12 years ago
32 posts

Well, my husband helped me, and spent 4+ hours so far working on the nest. It could have gone better if he was more willing to cut, and if he kept spraying with water, but he did his best. By morning the nest isn't as bad, but the hair is quickly just becoming a massive tangle. I remember reading someone used some kind of gel to gently hold the dreads together, just to guide them to their "home." Should I attempt that? Would aloe vera gel work?

updated by @alicia-s: 07/13/15 05:37:31AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

id guess it would also will condition slightly to help prevent it fom happening so fast

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
ToTheAnkles!
@totheankles
12 years ago
102 posts
4 hours is just too much. 2 sections of dreads (if you look closely you can see how your hair prefers to section), grab them, clinch your teeth and pull. Have the other person separate the roots (the hairs that dread horizontally). Thats 1 dread and that takes maybe 5 minutes. Do it for like 10 dreads and thats like WAY more then the whole birds nest and you should be done within the hour.Stop worrying about things becoming a massive tangle. I ran around for a few months with 1 massive dread on my head and after separating it it split it into pretty solid dreads. If you separate once a week it's literally impossible for things to tangle so bad that it can't be fixed.

/ 5
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form