Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreadlock Tidiness.

Luke B
@luke-b
12 years ago
1 posts

Alright guys, I got my hair dreaded around 3 weeks ago. Now, I absolutely loooove them. But, unfortunately my job is riding me about them. I'm working as a Personal Trainer as part of a gym Full time, NOT a contracter. Therefore I am not my own boss - unfortunately.
But, I washed them for the first time yesterday, and upon walking into work this morning my boss started on me even worse. I don't want to get rid of them - but I can't lose my job also. I considered wax / gel, but that was just a desperate thought and I just... Couldn't do it to my hair.
It was done via Crochet Hook / Backcombing and I've been attempting to pop them back in as it has frizzed beyond a point of messiness and I'm really getting frustrated over being constantly belittled at my job because of it's "opinionated" messiness.
(Please no one tell me get a new job I'm looking for solutions not extra problems).

But I've read on the net about Aloe for frizziness, I tried it - Absolutely nothing was done. Palm rolling I attempted to do - It just seems more frizzy.
Is there anything else you guys would recommend? Even if it's just something short term that I can do before work and in-between breaks or something.? Since I'm sweating and working out 6 days a week it's getting profusely worse everytime I complete a workout.
And I feel as though because I sweat so much my hair is getting very... untidy and dirty. Is there anything extra people living an active lifestyle should do?
My apologies as I'm sure this is probably the main question that spams these forums and thank you very much for your input - Just trying to save my hair, and my career.
- Luke.

updated by @luke-b: 01/13/15 09:37:46PM
Ahil Ganesan
@ahil-ganesan
12 years ago
53 posts
Wow that's a tough decision hey, I would probably just tie them up, since my dreads are short I used a really large headband, dreads aren't meant to be manicured in my opinion and their freedom stopped so I wouldn't worry about loose hairs or anything, that's your hair doing its own thang, don't gel them or wax them that is extremely dangerous and can result to dread rot and buildup. Hope I helped
Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts

First off I'm going to tell you that if this was the first time you washed them in 3 weeks and you have the sort of job that you do....they must have been pretty nasty!

You should be washing it more along the lines of 2-3 times a week...other people might tell you more....

That's not what you were asking....but I'm sure that is part of your boss's problem! I always know if I can smell my hair...others just might be able to.

I always tied my hair back in a pony tail if I wanted it to be more presentable.

In a few hours when others are waking up...they will have better advise for you. Mostly...I just want to say is...wash your hair WAY more!

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

If you can tie them back, and haven't been doing it yet, do it. Or wear a bandanna.

But, And this is really important, if you are growing them for any sort of spiritual reason, look into your countries laws and see how that applies to the workplace. I'm sure Australia has laws that protect you fromdiscrimination. In that case, either completely ignore you bossesbelligerenceand go to work like you have been. Or quit. They should have laws in place over there that protect you from being fired over something the is a spiritual symbol to you. And if your boss has continuously been provoking you, you have more than enough evidence that that is why they would fire you. Plus you probably have quite a few witnesses.

I digress a bit. Wash. Wash. Wash. 1-3 times a week. Dirty hair is just that... dirty. It won't lock up well, it'll gt greasy and oily. And it can start to smell. That really may be what your boss if complaining about. If it doesn't smell it still may look dirty. And you can tell dirty hair from clean hair.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

crochet was a hi-uge mistake stop trying ti tidy them uop and stand uop to yiur bodss its illegal descrin=imnination

i have letters to emplouers use te google search and search letter to employer theres 2 at least edit it and pressent it

but they do jnoyt dare to tell you you hve to tidy your dreads

if he does]

go above his head ]you wil havge his job instead

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form