Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

curly/nappy haired dreadies i need your help

dreadmojo
@dreadmojo
12 years ago
25 posts

background on me....about a month in, curly/nappy hair, all natural, bs/acv wash with essential oils...so im about a month in right now and things have kind of changed? well basically now my hair is about 6 inches in length...when my hair is dry and im going about my day the top of my head just looks like a messy fro so pretty sure all the locks that were backcomed up top came out, the sides of my head just looks like i have thick hair springs on my head once i wash it and let it drip dry it looks the best and is still all curled but there more like a thick squiggly line lock of hair lol....my question is this normal for my type of hair? cause they kind of feel like there locking on the sides but just looks like thick curls...i tried getting picks but my phone sucks in that department....another question is im getting a buildup with the wash, when im done and out of the shower i have this white buildup on the scalp in areas, the exact method and sequence i use is; measure out 3/8 cup bs, tbsp sea salt, 4 drops tea tree, 4 drops peppermint in a big pitcher, put about 2 cups hot water and dissolves everything, then get in shower rinse off in coldish water put another 3 to 4 cups of cold water in the pitcher to make the final solution lukewarm and pour over head completely, then i wait about 4 to 6 minutes and rinse off completely then i get about 3/4 cap of acv and 4 drops of peppermint and 3 drops almond oil to 5 cups of cold water pour over head and wait about 3 minutes then rinse of completely...and im getting this build up...any suggestions?

updated by @dreadmojo: 01/13/15 09:36:27PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yea its normal but make these adjustments

1 you use 1/2 a cup per 5 cupds water add the water sto]ir and pour on when your hairs wet and ready dont add water till mon[mments before u pour on

acv dont soak 3 min rinse as soon as you pour

the buildup is dead dry skin thats not fully removed cause the bs is too weak to get it all off

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

The BS solution is meant to exfoliate your skin. if it's not strong enough it will start the process, but not finish it. Make the adjustments that Eagle mentioned and you should be fine.

Locks will always come undone a bit, or completely, when they are babies. It's not until you are afew months in that you see them stop untangling when you wash them

dreadmojo
@dreadmojo
12 years ago
25 posts

ok cool thanks alot se and baba will try the new adjustments when i do my wash

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form