Dreadlocks Forums

A.C.V wash? help?

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

i like the bars better than the liquid.

Dale Chitty said:

when i run out of liquid i'll get the bar next and try it. thanks for the input i've been wondering what other people thought about liquid vs bar. i'm so glad to have found dreadlockshampoo.com its way easier to have what you needallready prepaired and not have to worry about messing up ratios and stuff making your own washes.
soaring eagle said:

try the bar if you like it stick with it

i love the bars way more then the liquid

ive only done the bs/acv like twuce since discovering the sreadlockshampoo.com bars

updated by @ixchel: 07/23/15 06:53:30PM
batt
@batt
12 years ago
13 posts

omg... should you ALWAYS rinse with acv after using bs wash? if acv is just for conditioning then it would likely promote the detangling of dreads?

or is it possible just to do the acv rinse after 3 or so washes?

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

If your hair gets oily really quick and easily, skip the ACV wash until it isn't anymore, thenreintroduceit slowly. But if your hair doesn't get oily, always use it. BS is a base. It raises the pH of your hair and scalp and will dry it out and make it brittle and probably itch like mad. The ACV is an acid and resets your pH back to normal levels.

It's not used specifically to condition your hair. It does soften it up a bit. But if you don't use a lot, it won't untangle your hair more than normal washing would do

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

yeah i have super oily hair so i skipped it for a bit at first to nudge it in the right direction. worked for my hair type just gotta find what works out for you.

Baba Fats said:

If your hair gets oily really quick and easily, skip the ACV wash until it isn't anymore, thenreintroduceit slowly. But if your hair doesn't get oily, always use it. BS is a base. It raises the pH of your hair and scalp and will dry it out and make it brittle and probably itch like mad. The ACV is an acid and resets your pH back to normal levels.

It's not used specifically to condition your hair. It does soften it up a bit. But if you don't use a lot, it won't untangle your hair more than normal washing would do

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form