dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Question about a shampoo

Irena
@irena
12 years ago
12 posts

Hi!
I am just wondering if nettle shampoo is ok for dreads?

Ingrediants which contains are:
aqua, sodium laureth sulfate, sodium chloride, cocamidopropyl betaine, glycol distearate, cocamide mea, sodium citrate, urtica dioica extract, parfum, citric acid, 2-bromo-2-nitropropane-1,3-diol, cumarin, Cl 42051 and Cl 47005.

I used that shampoo before I had dreads, now I have been mostly using baking soda and head and shoulders shampoo because I read that that shampoo is ok for dreads, but I am not so sure, because it have a lot of chemicals. So it would be logical that nettle shampoo should be better than head and shouldes shampoo, right?

updated by @irena: 01/13/15 09:35:38PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

not at all. Any shampoo with SLS is horrendous for your hair and for your health. It's listed in the top 5 most toxic ingredients.

Everything in there is man made. When looking for shampoo, you should look for something more natural. Almost all of those ingredients will harm your hair and health.

Check out dreadlockshampoo.com

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

head and shoulders is very very v=bad never use that the nettle stuff sounds lu]=ike a mad scientist attempy=t at a doomsday device i wouldnt use that either try these www.dreadlockshampoo.com no chemicals just pure natural goodness

head and shoulders is very toxic and builkds up

sls (sodu[]ium lurel sulphate) causes dandruff cancer psoriasis dermatitis hair loss and ill repeat;.cancer

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Irena
@irena
12 years ago
12 posts

Aha, ok, I didn't know that this is toxic. Well then I won't use it. Thanks a lot, I really appreciate your help.

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

there are quite a few options for shampoos at your local health food stores, too. just look for ones that say clarifying or for oily hair. also, one that's ph balanced would be best. my personal favorite is kiss my face whenever shampoo.

Irena
@irena
12 years ago
12 posts

Now I had done some research about SLS and other stuff and I founded that site: http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ here I checked all shampoos and shower gels which I have at home and I was reall surprised about the results, so I decided that now I will (and all members of my familly) using just natural shampoos and soaps. Most of all I was surprised about the shampoo wich my uncle need to use because he have psoriasis, I mean that shampoo is really bad: http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/product/9784/DHS_TAR_Gel_Shampoo_for_Psoriasis_%26_Dermatitis/

Well I have a question for you all if maybe someone knows what would be good for my uncle to use instead of that harmfull shampoo, because he can't use just normal shampoo.

Thanks a lot for your help.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

+sls will cause psoriasis

so

he can use the www.dreadlockshampoo.com or www.buckscountysoapfactory.com shampoos or baking soda acv teatree oil and rosemary oil

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Irena
@irena
12 years ago
12 posts

Ok, thank you for advice.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form