Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

lock love from unlocked people

anthony williams
@anthony-williams
15 years ago
101 posts
my girlfriend was asking me if it would mess with my dread's growth process if she would scratch my head or rub my scalp or play with them, and to be honest i wasn't sure if it would or not. she'd had dreads once before, and knows how to work on them, but that's not the issue... it's the fact that she just wants to play with my hair in an affectionate or comforting way like she did before i had dreads. i'm just taking into consideration that i'm trying to let my dreads dread themselves (by not touching them), and that is the major issue, i'd guess. would her scalpal affections keep my dreads from doing their own thing?
updated by @anthony-williams: 02/14/15 06:26:04AM
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
Nah bro let her play.as long as she isn't doing anything like deliberate rubbing or anyhting nothing will happen to disrupt the process. If anyhting it will help. Touching hair stimulates folicles and assists growth. Also moving them around gently will help knots form. If your dreads stay in one place and dont move around they wil never lock.And dont forget the intention she is sharing with you and your hair. Love makes everything grow and flourish. Its healthy for both of you...actually all 3 of you; you her and your hair.Love all day however you can get it and give it!
Karma Jane
@karma-jane
15 years ago
39 posts
Let her Love you!!!
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
nah man, even if they did, it wouldn't matter in the long run of things, I think I said a few things like that be4 to someone that just wanted to play with my hair,, looking back I wish I'd just let them, they were gonna be fine.
Mechanical Butterfly
@mechanical-butterfly
15 years ago
24 posts
To be honest, the worry about havin' cranial affection lavished on me was one of the -main- reasons I took so long to get dreaded. I'd have a fit if I couldn't get it. It's good to know I can still get scratchin's without completely unraveling.Of course, the other thing holding me back was a nervous habit of running my fingers through my hair. Not much I can do about that one, so I guess I'll just have to learn to sit still.
Matted Dew
@matted-dew
15 years ago
213 posts
play = good
anthony williams
@anthony-williams
15 years ago
101 posts
haha, true that! Mechanical Butterfly said:
To be honest, the worry about havin' cranial affection lavished on me was one of the -main- reasons I took so long to get dreaded. I'd have a fit if I couldn't get it. It's good to know I can still get scratchin's without completely unraveling.

Of course, the other thing holding me back was a nervous habit of running my fingers through my hair. Not much I can do about that one, so I guess I'll just have to learn to sit still.
MountainWillow
@mountainwillow
15 years ago
141 posts
What she said! Didjeridurian said:
Nah bro let her play.as long as she isn't doing anything like deliberate rubbing or anyhting nothing will happen to disrupt the process. If anyhting it will help. Touching hair stimulates folicles and assists growth. Also moving them around gently will help knots form. If your dreads stay in one place and dont move around they wil never lock.
And dont forget the intention she is sharing with you and your hair. Love makes everything grow and flourish. Its healthy for both of you...actually all 3 of you; you her and your hair.

Love all day however you can get it and give it!
J@cque
@jcque
15 years ago
11 posts
omg! i want some1 to play with mine! lmfao
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form